Author Topic: contemporary worship styles?  (Read 431 times)

Offline maarkr

contemporary worship styles?
« on: December 14, 2023, 07:11:20 PM »
I'm surprised there are no styles from contemporary worship artists such as Hillsong, Chris Tomlin, Phil Wickham, Elevation Worship, etc. 
There is a need in smaller US churches for these songs.  The big churches have money and bands that can  afford live performances, display of lyrics for the congregation to sing, and streaming rights of the recorded service.  Most smaller churches cannot afford those costs, resorting to using licensing companies that have a limited selection for the congregation to view the lyrics to sing along with.  Fortunately copyright laws allow churches to perform music, but they must pay for the right to view/project lyrics, reproduce or perform music during services, or broadcast recorded video of the music used in the service.
I'm sure that's why many styles linked on your site are free, but they cannot use the name of the real song, which makes it hard to figure out what the 'real song' is.
I would be willing to work with someone to build new styles/registrations for some of these songs, even tho I'm just learning how to build new styles.  PM me if you are interested in sharing or making new styles for some of these newer worship styles.  8)
aka Gene Maarkr. PSR-SX900, FA-06, PX-5S, Yamaha drums, Epi Les Paul, Yamaha bass, Studio One DAW w Waves, NI, IKM, iZotope.