Author Topic: Re: OTS Volume - why some in styles are low while others are loud  (Read 812 times)

Offline dlepera

Hi.  I am trying to figure out why some styles have OTS voices that are nice and loud when the master volume(knob) is set at 1/2 and others can barely be heard. I am aware of the MIXER Pan/Volume settings. In a number of cases styles with the same Left,Right 1,2,3 volume settings have a totally different volume level
and this is what I can't understand.

dom
Life is a learning experience and sharing it is it's biggest reward!

Offline BogdanH

Re: Re: OTS Volume - why some in styles are low while others are loud
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 07:59:39 AM »
hi dom,
Usually the reason for that is, because voice has been edited and then saved to OTS. Keep in mind that that there are two voice volumes that influence total voice volume: one is in mixer and one is in voice setting itself -this one can be changed if you use Voice Edit.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, motekmusic, dlepera, cyber swine, maarkr

Offline dlepera

Re: OTS Volume - why some in styles are low while others are loud
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2023, 10:42:53 PM »
Hi Bogdan.
     Interesting. Did not know about the voice edit to alter volume. I see it now and never thought to play with voice edit nor did I know that the volume slider in there had that affect.  Great stuff. Learn something new every day.  Much appreciated.  All the best!

Dom
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 05:04:22 AM by dlepera »

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2023, 12:02:52 AM »
Also interested in more info:  some style variations are really low volume and increasing each element takes time and patience.  So much to learn.... so little time. 
Genos 1     PA5X    Kawai MP7 88

Offline dlepera

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2023, 05:11:15 AM »
Cyber, if you are having the same issue, the resolutions as pointed out by Bogdan is simple.
   1. Select your voice for Right 1,2,3, or Left
   2. Once in the selection panel on the upper right of the screen above the  voices list in the blue layer just
       select  MENU
   3. That opens another panel and there select Voice Edit.

Now if you want to alter the Variation volume you use the MIXER/EQ and there are a couple panels in there that can be used for the Variation as a whole "PANEL"  or you can also adjust the Voice volume or even change the voices for that Variation.  If you press the MIXER/EQ button multiple times it will navigate you to different Panel views. Hope this is what you are looking for. 

dom 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 05:18:05 AM by dlepera »

The following users thanked this post: cyber swine

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2023, 09:25:27 AM »
Low Volume OTS on some factory styles...This is basically poor balance done by Yammy R&D.
I find the best way for me. I make a few RGT Banks of my favorite voices after volume edits, remembering to save Voice RGT with style unticked.
These favorite voice banks can then be used with any style selected.
DGX670

The following users thanked this post: cyber swine