Author Topic: Left part  (Read 931 times)

Offline rphillipchuk

Left part
« on: December 12, 2023, 08:57:49 PM »
I am having a senior moment trying to enable the "Left" part while playing a style..... What I am after is a "Choir" on the left side !!!!!
I am not hearing anything.

What an I missing ?

RonP
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

MacBook Pro 32 Gigs Ram, 1 Terrabyte SSD

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com

Offline JCGHRA

Re: Left part
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 01:41:50 AM »
1.  Highlight the LEFT button under the PART ON/OFF section of the keyboard.  The MAIN and LAYER buttons should be dark (not lit).
2.  Select "STRINGS & CHOIR" button under VOICE section.
3.  Select the HAHCHOIR voice (or any other voice).
4.  Go back and highlight the MAIN and LAYER buttons to get all 3 voices active.
5.  The choir voice will play on the left side of the piano keys (or you can change the split point to expand or reduce the LEFT range of keys affected).

Offline rphillipchuk

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 04:15:00 AM »
1.  Highlight the LEFT button under the PART ON/OFF section of the keyboard.  The MAIN and LAYER buttons should be dark (not lit).
2.  Select "STRINGS & CHOIR" button under VOICE section.
3.  Select the HAHCHOIR voice (or any other voice).
4.  Go back and highlight the MAIN and LAYER buttons to get all 3 voices active.
5.  The choir voice will play on the left side of the piano keys (or you can change the split point to expand or reduce the LEFT range of keys affected).

This does not work when you work with a style........  What I was after is when playing a style , I thought that all you need to do is just press the "Left" button to enable the it...

Am I correct ?
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com

Online Graham UK

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 09:20:33 AM »
Playing LEFT voice with a Style.
YES.I always play with LEFT part on.
Page 38 Owners Manual. Press the LEFT part button so it is lite.
You can select any voice you want in the left and adjust volume to your liking.

PADS & Strings work well.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 09:34:20 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2024, 11:20:18 AM »
Ron, I think you are doing it correctly, so check the volume and the way the splits are set. You should be able to hear it.
Mike

Offline RoyB

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2024, 01:26:10 PM »
Ron, I had the same issue on my Tyros 5.

I discovered that if the split points for the Style and the Left Part are not the same, then the left part is muted when playing a style with ACMP on (even though the keys pressed are within the zone for both split points).

So, to be able to play a left part voice when playing a style, you need to make sure that the split points for both the Style and the Left Part are set to the same note.

Regards

Roy
Roy

Tyros 5-76; Roland FA08; Yammex V3; Behringer Q502USB; Arturia BeatStep; Alesis Elevate 3 MkIII;  Yamaha YST-FSW050; Sony MDR 7510; MultiTrackStudio Pro + AAMS.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQu3I6XidcZWOmsl_FM49_Q/videos

The following users thanked this post: flailman

Offline rphillipchuk

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2024, 02:09:36 PM »
Thanks everyone for all the advice........ Appreciate it.  will work on it this afternoon

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com

Offline rphillipchuk

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2024, 03:31:09 PM »
Ron, I had the same issue on my Tyros 5.

I discovered that if the split points for the Style and the Left Part are not the same, then the left part is muted when playing a style with ACMP on (even though the keys pressed are within the zone for both split points).

So, to be able to play a left part voice when playing a style, you need to make sure that the split points for both the Style and the Left Part are set to the same note.

Regards

Roy

Yes !  This was the problem ......  Many thanks.

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com