Author Topic: Help to transfer files from PSR S970 to PSR SX900  (Read 599 times)

Offline suespak

Help to transfer files from PSR S970 to PSR SX900
« on: December 11, 2023, 10:32:43 PM »
I currently have a PSR S970 but it's 6 years old and I want a back up since it has issues. I took my USB stick to Sam Ash today and put the stick in the PSR SX900 to see if I can transfer. I was stumped. I could see my banks (but not all of them) and I couldn't see the names of the songs. And the songs didn't sound right. I have 6 years of songs and really don't want to spend another 6 years tweaking the songs LOL - soooo is there a seamless way to transfer data from my PSR S970 to PSR SX900? Thanks!!

Offline Lacko

Re: Help to transfer files from PSR S970 to PSR SX900
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 05:28:25 PM »
If you cannot see the files, isn't it a problem of filenames - too long, or some special characters? Or foldernames?

Offline suespak

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2023, 04:31:48 PM »
I see the files ... but the registrations didn't load. I'm still working on this!! Thanks for the reply.

Offline Lacko

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2023, 04:55:23 PM »
So you see all files on USB stick - styles, multipads, midi songs, registration banks and playlists. You can even play styles from that USB stick. Only when trying to play registration banks (directly or through playlists?), you cannot play them, because they don't load?

Offline Patrick

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2023, 09:10:53 PM »
Hi, if you're on the S970, all your files were on the USB pen drive or User drive; just put your S970 pen drive in the Sx900 and all normaly will play nearly as before; you'll have to adjust the EQ of the Sx900 to sound as you like; You can't put all the files in the root of the pen drive because the SX will not be abble to read all the files; you've to make folders; just remember that if you want to see the styles on the pen drive, you have to select a style on the touch screen, ..... Some voices will be missing perhaps (expansion voices, and styles not on SX); all the best Patrick