Author Topic: Genos Default Registrations  (Read 604 times)

Offline carsonky

Genos Default Registrations
« on: December 18, 2023, 01:25:01 PM »
So here is the deal.  I factory defaulted my Genos to fix a problem but now I have a new bigger problem.   All my registrations are gone, both for the default and my expansion styles.   I had a backup bup file but unfortunately I don't think it saved the registrations.   Used expansion manager  to create a full install but that didnt' work on registrations either.   Also tried factory defaulting the registrations again but they are still unlit and blank.  I just want it to pull in the default registrations on all the styles.  Any help appreciated.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Genos Default Registrations
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2023, 01:39:18 PM »
So here is the deal.  I factory defaulted my Genos to fix a problem but now I have a new bigger problem.   All my registrations are gone, both for the default and my expansion styles.   I had a backup bup file but unfortunately I don't think it saved the registrations.   Used expansion manager  to create a full install but that didnt' work on registrations either.   Also tried factory defaulting the registrations again but they are still unlit and blank.  I just want it to pull in the default registrations on all the styles.  Any help appreciated.

There is no such thing as a default registration on any Yamaha keyboard. None of them come with any registrations.

If you’re talking about the bonus playlist, just download it again.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline carsonky

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2023, 05:22:14 PM »
Thank you for the response but let me give you an example.   When I reinstalled the Genos 2.0 Super pack and chose African Animation the first time, all registrations were lit up below the screen.   Now after formatting and reinstalling, the style does not light up any of the 10 keys.  Same for the default styles.

Offline carsonky

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2023, 05:57:30 PM »
I am a little closer.   I can get the first default voice after clicking OTS link.  Currently can not get the rest.

Offline carsonky

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2023, 06:03:23 PM »
Ok I got it.  OTS link along with the 4 buttons on the other side of the keyboard.  I am back!  Told you I was new to the keyboard.  lol.