Author Topic: How much memory is left?  (Read 727 times)

Offline Jeff_M

How much memory is left?
« on: December 09, 2023, 12:45:35 AM »
Coming up on the third year anniversary with my SX900, and in that time I've saved a boatload of registrations, styles, etc., etc.  Is there a way to tell how much memory is left in this thing? 

Offline overover

Re: How much memory is left?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 05:04:11 AM »
Coming up on the third year anniversary with my SX900, and in that time I've saved a boatload of registrations, styles, etc., etc.  Is there a way to tell how much memory is left in this thing?

Hi Jeff,

You can check this in "Menu > Utility > Storage".

The total storage capacity is displayed there as well as the capacity still available (for the User drive and also for connected USB sticks). I attached a screenshot from this display on Genos2. In principle it is the same on the SX900, except that the total capacity of the User drive on the SX900 is only around 4 GB.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 05:05:27 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Pityus

Offline Jeff_M

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2023, 12:45:39 AM »
Thanks!  Mine said it had 4.00 gb total, with 3.91 left.  Guess I haven't taxed it much. 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 12:50:06 AM by Jeff_M »

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2023, 01:07:58 AM »
Thanks!  Mine said it had 4.00 gb total, with 3.91 left.  Guess I haven't taxed it much.

Thanks for your feedback, Jeff!

As long as you don't have a lot of WAV files stored there, you will probably never have a problem with the available space in your SX900's User drive, as Styles, Registration Bank, Multi Pad Bank and User Voice files are relatively small.

Please remember to regularly back up (copy) important files in the User drive onto USB sticks and the computer.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)