Author Topic: and why?  (Read 761 times)

Offline maarkr

and why?
« on: December 07, 2023, 07:14:19 PM »
why???

why does the Style Creator Rhythm2 Play Root/chord not stay at C Maj when you set it and save it?

why when I mute the Chord 2 in Channel on/Off Style section and save the registration it doesn't stay muted?
aka Gene Maarkr. PSR-SX900, FA-06, PX-5S, Yamaha drums, Epi Les Paul, Yamaha bass, Studio One DAW w Waves, NI, IKM, iZotope.

Offline mikf

Re: and why?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 09:38:28 AM »
why???
why does the Style Creator Rhythm2 Play Root/chord not stay at C Maj when you set it and save it?
why when I mute the Chord 2 in Channel on/Off Style section and save the registration it doesn't stay muted?
Because although a large number of settings can be saved in a registration, not not everything can.
The registration ‘points’ to the style you have selected, but isn’t storing the actual style data. So any changes inside the style would have to be changed in style creator, then saved as a new style eg Style 1234, then the registration has to be set up to point to the new style ….1234.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: Dupe

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 11:00:25 AM »
Muting the Chord2 part of the style should have been stored in the registration, if you did this in the mixer then saved the registration (with Style ticked)

Actually all the customised mixer settings for the style - whether voice, volumes, pan , whatever - should get stored in the registration. It's only the actual style patterns that can't be stored in a registration, but you can only change them in the style creator anyway.
Genos

Offline maarkr

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 02:33:24 PM »
thank you, so I make a change and save the registration, reg file and style but it doesn't seem to stick...  :-\
is there something else I'm not saving to or are there settings that won't save at all?
aka Gene Maarkr. PSR-SX900, FA-06, PX-5S, Yamaha drums, Epi Les Paul, Yamaha bass, Studio One DAW w Waves, NI, IKM, iZotope.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2023, 02:36:16 PM »
thank you, so I make a change and save the registration, reg file and style but it doesn't seem to stick...  :-\
is there something else I'm not saving to or are there settings that won't save at all?

As others have said, you only need to ensure the Style box is checked when you memorize the registration.

Not sure why you’re saving the style.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons