Author Topic: Change Break in Style  (Read 717 times)

Offline Ken Stenzel

Change Break in Style
« on: December 05, 2023, 01:26:16 PM »
I have a style that has only one beat for the break. When I go to the Basic page to change to 2 beats or more the pattern length is faded out and can't be changed. Is there a way I can change it?
Kenneth Stenzel

Offline DrakeM

Re: Change Break in Style
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2023, 02:27:26 PM »
If I understand your question correctly, the answer is no you can not extend to 2 beats using the keyboard's Style Creature. The Yamaha Style Creator program will ask you if want to delete the notes in the style parts if you try to change them (except for the RHY2 section of the style).

The break button is always 4 beats long in each style. If the break you have is one beat and fade the other 3 beats (which is what I think is the issue). You need to search through the other styles on your keyboard and find a style with the break you want and then Copy and Paste it into your style.

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2023, 02:48:56 PM »
hello Ken,
No, on keyboard (in StyleCreator) you can't make Break and Fill-in longer than 1 bar. If you need two bars, you should try to do it with MixMaster (or similar tool). I tried with Fill-in which works and so I assume it should work for Break as well. However, there's a catch: although duration will be two bars, only notes in first bar will play (second bar will be silent even if contains notes).
Also see here.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline RONBO

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2023, 03:48:37 PM »
I have run into this once in a while.

I just push the break button a second time after the first break is done.  Works for me.

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos