Author Topic: Your Next Masterpiece?  (Read 765 times)

Your Next Masterpiece?
« on: December 04, 2023, 08:06:37 PM »
Now the excitement of G2 is slowing (a little bit) I'm curious as to whether I am the only person around here with seemingly permanent unfinished musical projects/arrangements.  Seems like the odd project just has to be done but never really takes flight due to whatever variety of reasons.  I have a couple on the go and I know in my head what they will sound like but just never do capture what it is I'm visualizing.  So:  throw them away and move on, buy more voices and styles, kick the cat, what to do?
Genos 1     PA5X    Kawai MP7 88

Offline BogdanH

Re: Your Next Masterpiece?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 08:14:00 PM »
Definitely don't kick the cat  ;D
Maybe you buy Genos2 instead?  ;)

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline RoyB

Re: Your Next Masterpiece?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2023, 10:12:11 AM »
I'm curious as to whether I am the only person around here with seemingly permanent unfinished musical projects/arrangements.

No, you're not alone.

Back in early 2018, I started recording a 7-minute multi-track version of Davy's On The Road Again (best known version by Manfred Mann's Earth Band), on which I would multi-track record each instrument part on my keyboard. After 18 months, it got to be about half-finished - not that I had spent all of the 18 months working on it, but I would record a part, then it would be another few months before I recorded another part. It still remains about half-finished. I still have the main bass and synth and organ parts to learn and record, but haven't got around to doing it for years.  Maybe I wll finish it is 2024.

Regards

Roy
Roy

Tyros 5-76; Roland FA08; Yammex V3; Behringer Q502USB; Arturia BeatStep; Alesis Elevate 3 MkIII;  Yamaha YST-FSW050; Sony MDR 7510; MultiTrackStudio Pro + AAMS.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQu3I6XidcZWOmsl_FM49_Q/videos

The following users thanked this post: cyber swine