Author Topic: What are the limitations of the Genos voice guide?  (Read 919 times)

What are the limitations of the Genos voice guide?
« on: December 02, 2023, 06:48:22 PM »
Hi everyone,
A used Genos in good condition at half the price just dropped in the instrument store where I live. I gotta hurry if I want it. But is the voice guide on the Genos of any use to us? What is it that I can't do with it?

Re: What are the limitations of the Genos voice guide?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 04:02:17 PM »
Well, it's like this that the voice guide is extremely limited when it comes to reading out detailed things in the menu. Example, if I go into menu 2, select song creator, it doesn't read nearly anything at all. When I press the buttons, all it says is "recording popup" or "quantise dialogue popup." So you can't at all navigate the menus with the voice guide, the only thing you can do is select styles, turn off and on the channels of a style, change the volume of the style tracks, change the display language, and auto-power off. But, if I want to change something in the menus, because I'm completely blind, I usually use the app be my ai, that is a new function in be my eyes, I take a picture in seeing ai, and import the picture in be my eyes, so can I ask questions to the ai app, for example where is the assign button, then it says the assign button is in the middle, a little further down to the right at 2 o'clock, for example, but the fact that yamaha uses wav files for the voice guide is so outdated that you laugh at it the. Why can't they use a speech synthesizer? What does yamaha really do?

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2023, 07:08:39 PM »
Agree fully! This could have been a revolution for blind users if they only had put more effort into it!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 08:22:47 PM »
yamaha uses wav files for the voice guide is so outdated that you laugh at it the. Why can't they use a speech synthesizer? What does yamaha really do?
Apparently, it doesn't do anything.
The Voice Guide's extreme limitations are serious for such an expensive keyboard.
But compared to other brands of touch screen keyboards, Yamaha has taken a step forward. You can't park now thinking everything is fine.
And we blind users need to make some noise.
It's hard because they think we're in the minority, so in his mind, it's not something they need to worry about right now.
But this is a mediocre mentality.
Accessibility is part of the universal design of a product, and is as important as other things.
Regards,
Gabriel
-------------------------------

keyboardist, arranger, composer and music producer

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."