Author Topic: Style SX900 to Geno  (Read 607 times)

Offline rcca

Style SX900 to Geno
« on: December 01, 2023, 12:52:38 AM »
 I have the Genos one, the web site for styles d-o-o.de does not have the style for my Geno, but for the SX900, will the  the SX900 work for my Genos,  the style is Dancing in the Moonlight.
I guess if nobody knows the answer, I could just try  it and may bite the bullet. I know that it may not have the right voices to match on the style, but what the heck?
 Thank you if you can come up with the answer.

Rcca
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 01:37:09 AM by rcca »
Cyber Power Intel Extreme, Military MB 4.0/4.5 CPU turbo, 12 GB Memory, GPU Gigabytes 1060 6GB Ram Desktop
Yamaha GENOS 76-Key Flagship Arranger, Technics KN6000

Offline DrakeM

Re: Style SX900 to Geno
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 02:21:22 AM »
The style will work in your keyboard. But there may be voices which you will need to find substitutes for.

Worse thing would be if the style has a doo woop mega voice of some kind that your keyboard does not have. You would then need to delete that channel and record your own pattern into the spot using one of the choir voices. I have done it several times and it just take patience figuring out a nice riff to add. Just remember to record it in the PAD section of the style in the key of C and move it to the needed location in the style. 

Offline rcca

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 02:35:12 AM »
Thank you for your reply
    Rcca
Cyber Power Intel Extreme, Military MB 4.0/4.5 CPU turbo, 12 GB Memory, GPU Gigabytes 1060 6GB Ram Desktop

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 02:57:48 AM »
I have the Genos one, the web site for styles d-o-o.de does not have the style for my Geno, but for the SX900, will the  the SX900 work for my Genos,  the style is Dancing in the Moonlight.
I guess if nobody knows the answer, I could just try  it and may bite the bullet. I know that it may not have the right voices to match on the style, but what the heck?

Rcca

Hi Rcca,

When it comes to the d-o-o style "Dancing in the Moonlight" by King Harvest (see also the attached screenshot): The version "Tyros5 (SX900)" definitely has to be compatible with Genos, because Genos contains all voices from Tyros5. Apparently this version was programmed for Tyros5 and is also compatible with SX900.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline rcca

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2023, 07:23:46 AM »
I gotten styles from this site many times. I have two computers and I've tried both of them. Rebooting everything soon as I hit by of what I choose from. A dang thing just does not go through unless they're having trouble on their site?
Now I'm a style is sitting inside the cart, tried several times,check mark their box and said check out to pay so click on the box to pay and it doesn't go through.
After about an hour or more, the wife said give up, so I did. Oh well, a night wasted there.
Well I finally figured it out how to get the style dancing in the Moonlight down in through my computer gave me the download. Sounds great! The style everything works. Variation, intro ending and the multi pad control.
 Rcca
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 08:51:28 AM by rcca »