Author Topic: DGX 670 styles good news  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Dnj

DGX 670 styles good news
« on: November 29, 2023, 04:23:45 PM »
DGX 670 styles ....
FYI I easily loaded all my Genos / Sx900 styles etc, into user and they sound amazing...
Being the DGX670 has only 1 intro/1ending you will have to go into style creator and assign
whatever intro/ending you wish with the style an easy process.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 05:04:28 PM by Dnj »

The following users thanked this post: motekmusic, flailman

Offline JCGHRA

Re: DGX 670 styles good news
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 09:18:29 PM »
Thanks for that info!

Offline rphillipchuk

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 01:14:06 AM »
DGX 670 styles ....
FYI I easily loaded all my Genos / Sx900 styles etc, into user and they sound amazing...
Being the DGX670 has only 1 intro/1ending you will have to go into style creator and assign
whatever intro/ending you wish with the style an easy process.

Hi Donnie

Can you be more specific where I could find this Please.

Ron
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

MacBook Pro 32 Gigs Ram, 1 Terrabyte SSD

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com

Offline Basti71

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2023, 08:53:49 AM »
Guten Morgen,

ich bin neu in diesem Forum und versuche mich ein wenig zurechtzufinden. Wo finde ich DGX Styles? Kann ich auch Midi dateien einlesen und aus welcher Yamaha Reihe kann ich Styles für DGX 670 einlesen? Ganz herzlichen Dank

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2023, 06:37:09 PM »
ich bin neu in diesem Forum und versuche mich ein wenig zurechtzufinden. Wo finde ich DGX Styles? Kann ich auch Midi dateien einlesen und aus welcher Yamaha Reihe kann ich Styles für DGX 670 einlesen? Ganz herzlichen Dank

I'm new to this forum and trying to find my way around. Where can I find DGX Styles? Can I also import Midi files and from which Yamaha series can I import styles for the DGX 670? Thank you very much.

Hi --

Welcome to the Forum!

Before a moderator says anything, we post in English. You'll get a better response since most forum members are English-speakers.

Which specific DGX model do you have? Older models use an old style format (SFF1) while DGX-670 uses the current SFF2 ("SFF GE") style format.

Yamaha has released a new tool, MIDI Song to Style, which creates a style from a Standard MIDI File (SMF). There is also a tool written by Jørgen Sørensen: http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/

Jørgen's tools more readily handle the older style format SFF1.

Hope this helps.

viele große -- pj
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 09:25:31 PM by pjd »

Offline Billinok

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2023, 03:36:41 AM »
Thanks for posting the new Yamaha midi to style link.  I hadn't seen that yet..... Bill

Offline Basti71

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2023, 11:26:03 AM »
Hi,

I apologize for not wrote in English. As already mentioned, I have a DGX 670 and i´m looking for Styles. Can I use Sytles from any Yamaha Series? Where I find the new Yamaha Tool? I know I have many asks :)

thank you very much for any helps :)

best regards
Basti

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2023, 11:45:56 AM »
Basti. I have DGX670. Top of forum Page, select STYLES...YAMAHA and select model to download its styles.
Suggest you try PSR950 styles although Most of Yamaha models styles will work well but the early models work better on DGX670 and need less adjustments.
DGX670

The following users thanked this post: Basti71, Pe9

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2023, 02:05:06 PM »
... Where I find the new Yamaha Tool? ...

Hi Basti,

You can download the new Yamaha "MIDI Song to Style" tool from the Genos2 download site, for example. There is also a link to download the corresponding Owner"s Manual:
>>> https://de.yamaha.com/de/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos2/downloads.html

This tool is currently not linked on the DGX-670 download site, probably because Yamaha does not yet have an official voice list for the tool. But you can download a corresponding DGX-670 voice list file, created by our forum member Vali (valimaties) here:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,67756.msg511263.html#msg511263

We have a dedicated board for the "Midi Song to Style" tool. I recommend that you occasionally take a look at all the existing threads there:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/board,96.0.html

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Basti71