Author Topic: Deleting or overriting a style  (Read 754 times)

Offline Arabelle

Deleting or overriting a style
« on: November 28, 2023, 05:30:59 PM »
Hi! I own a Yamaha Keyboard PSR e-473 and I loaded in to by mistake 3times the same style via USB stick :(. Is there a way to delete or override 2 of the 3
styles, without proceeding to a factory reset? If yes, how please? For your assistance thanks so very much!!
Best,
Arabelle

Offline Divemaster

Re: Deleting or overriting a style
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 06:05:33 PM »
Hi Arabelle

Yes. It is quite simple.

Just overwrite the two styles that you no longer want with two that you do want to load.

Apart from the built in styles that you can't change anyway, you can load any other styles from most Yamaha keyboards. So just pick two others that you like, and overwrite them. I've had this keyboard, and I seem to recall that you can load up to 10 extra styles, but you can change those styles as often as you wish. So you've got thousands to choose from . Lots of them on this site.

I would suggest that you download the REFERENCE MANUAL for your E473.
https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/portable_keyboards/psr-e473/downloads.html#product-tabs

On Page 28 it gives you the information you need.

If you need more help, then come back.

Keith
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 08:30:41 PM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline Arabelle

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023, 08:41:44 PM »
Hi Keith!
Thanks so very much for your quick response and the great info's! I followed your advises and I am back on track again!! :) :) The whole morning, I went through my reference manual back and force and did not find the right answer! I guess, you are from England. I used to live in Bournemouth for about one year. I went to the Isle Of White and other pretty places in your country!! Really beautiful! Thanks again!
Best,
Arabelle (Germany/USA)

The following users thanked this post: Divemaster

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2023, 08:48:52 PM »
Hi Arabelle

I'm glad you found the advice helpful.  :)

I know Bournemouth very well, and I have a sister who lives in Southampton, so we often visit the Isle of Wight.

Kind regards
Keith
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x

Offline Arabelle

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023, 08:52:12 PM »
May I ask, where you live?

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2023, 07:47:57 AM »
Hi Arabelle
I live in a town called Consett, in the UK, which used to be known for steel making and sword production in nearby Shotley Bridge
It's now a lovely area on the edge of the Pennines and the Derwent valley. We are close to sea, countryside and towns and major cities which makes it a great place to live. There is a great highway network, an International airport and also a daily direct major ferry link from Newcastle to Amsterdam into Europe, so we are well served for travel.

Here is my Performer info page which I hope you'll enjoy reading.

https://psrtutorial.com/perf/keithSimpson.html

Keith.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 08:20:52 AM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x