Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Registrations & Playlist

Puzzled about registrations and fills

(1/1)

konaboy32:
I have always used a one-registration-per-song strategy but I understand that power players use instead one-registration-per-song-part.
So one registration bank for a song, and one registration for intro, verse 1, chorus 1 etc.
That sounds like a good idea but I am puzzled.
When switching variations with the button, I like to use the auto-fill feature for a fill when going between variations.
How does this work when switching registrations, from verse to chorus for example?
If I have to press the variation button then the registration button it defeats the purpose.
thx in advance

BogdanH:
If Auto Fill In button is on, then fill-in will be used (if there is any) every time you pres variation button.. it works the same way in registration.

Bogdan

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: konaboy32 on November 25, 2023, 09:30:22 PM ---When switching variations with the button, I like to use the auto-fill feature for a fill when going between variations.
How does this work when switching registrations, from verse to chorus for example?
If I have to press the variation button then the registration button it defeats the purpose.

--- End quote ---

The key is how you memorize the registration. If the main button is flashing when you memorize, you will get a fill when you load the registration. If it’s not flashing, no fill.

Cheers,
Fred

konaboy32:
you oboth nailed it, thanks, I put this to the test and it does exactly what i need.
i think time to adopt registration-bank-per-song strategy,  i tested it and the power and flexibility is amazing, especially when stepping through the registrations using footpedal.  no more stressful changes!

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: konaboy32 on November 25, 2023, 11:17:13 PM ---you oboth nailed it, thanks, I put this to the test and it does exactly what i need.
i think time to adopt registration-bank-per-song strategy,  i tested it and the power and flexibility is amazing, especially when stepping through the registrations using footpedal.  no more stressful changes!

--- End quote ---

Couldn’t agree more. 

Cheers,
Fred

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version