Author Topic: Puzzled about registrations and fills  (Read 853 times)

Offline konaboy32

Puzzled about registrations and fills
« on: November 25, 2023, 09:30:22 PM »
I have always used a one-registration-per-song strategy but I understand that power players use instead one-registration-per-song-part.
So one registration bank for a song, and one registration for intro, verse 1, chorus 1 etc.
That sounds like a good idea but I am puzzled.
When switching variations with the button, I like to use the auto-fill feature for a fill when going between variations.
How does this work when switching registrations, from verse to chorus for example?
If I have to press the variation button then the registration button it defeats the purpose.
thx in advance

Offline BogdanH

Re: Puzzled about registrations and fills
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 09:48:29 PM »
If Auto Fill In button is on, then fill-in will be used (if there is any) every time you pres variation button.. it works the same way in registration.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

The following users thanked this post: srmf

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 10:31:58 PM »
When switching variations with the button, I like to use the auto-fill feature for a fill when going between variations.
How does this work when switching registrations, from verse to chorus for example?
If I have to press the variation button then the registration button it defeats the purpose.

The key is how you memorize the registration. If the main button is flashing when you memorize, you will get a fill when you load the registration. If it’s not flashing, no fill.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline konaboy32

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 11:17:13 PM »
you oboth nailed it, thanks, I put this to the test and it does exactly what i need.
i think time to adopt registration-bank-per-song strategy,  i tested it and the power and flexibility is amazing, especially when stepping through the registrations using footpedal.  no more stressful changes!

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 11:41:54 PM »
you oboth nailed it, thanks, I put this to the test and it does exactly what i need.
i think time to adopt registration-bank-per-song strategy,  i tested it and the power and flexibility is amazing, especially when stepping through the registrations using footpedal.  no more stressful changes!

Couldn’t agree more. 

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons