Author Topic: Registration and voice levels (two)  (Read 527 times)

Registration and voice levels (two)
« on: November 24, 2023, 07:55:55 PM »
Was just reading an old thread on varying registration volume levels and my question....  what might be the simplest way to view the left and right output volume levels from the keyboard on a meter type screen on a PC (Mac in my case but whatever) ?   I'm thinking basics here, not complex EQ screens NASA engineers could never understand.   I just want to be able to see at a glance (hands free) where I'm at level wise with registration or even OTS changes.  Connecting to a computer is not an issue... what software to use is.
Genos 1     PA5X    Kawai MP7 88

Offline BogdanH

Re: Registration and voice levels (two)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 08:12:52 PM »
You don't say what keyboard you have in mind...
In recent arranger keyboard there's a level meter in Master/Compressor settings, which shows total (L+R) level.
If you wish to see L/R separately, then you need USB Audio Interface (if your keyboards doesn't have it built-in), so you can send audio signal to PC. Now you can use any audio recording software of your choice (most have so called peak/level meters). Btw. you don't need to record anything: audio level is also shown in record stand-by mode.

PS. Just saw your signature says Genos and Pa5X... means, in Genos case, you need audio interface (didn't check if Pa5X has audio interface).

I hope that was of some help,
Bogdan

« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 08:15:06 PM by BogdanH »
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

The following users thanked this post: cyber swine