Author Topic: Saving mixer settings.  (Read 544 times)

Offline Pupflyer

Saving mixer settings.
« on: November 19, 2023, 04:12:11 PM »
Hi,
   I haven't found a method of saving mixer set ups without using the clunky song recorder/sequencer in Genos.
   I'd like to do this if possible so when I record a midi song or sequence in Studio One using Genos as a sound source it will retain the mixer settings.
  I've been unable to find a way of doing this in the daw itself, it seems Studio One is not particularly midi friendly.
             Here's hoping. David

Offline Michael Trigoboff

Re: Saving mixer settings.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2023, 10:52:50 PM »
Here’s the only method I have found:

You need to record a short MIDI song on the Genos. There needs to be at least one note in every MIDI channel for which you want the mixer settings to be saved. You can make that happen using the step editor.

You can then transfer the song file to your computer and import it into the DAW of your choice. From there you can see the MIDI messages that set the instrument for each channel.

Once you have those MIDI messages, you can insert them into the beginning of any song you are building in your DAW, and the instruments will be set properly in your mixer.

You also might be able to look up the required MIDI messages in the Genos docs (probably the Data List), and then you could just create them directly inside your DAW.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 10:54:44 PM by Michael Trigoboff »
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Offline Pupflyer

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 08:59:17 AM »
Michael, thank you, brilliant!
                                  Looking forward to having a go at your method.So presumably save the brief Genos song as a midi file and load into the daw.
                  Also could set up and save a template this way.
                   Atb. David

Offline Pupflyer

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2023, 11:38:59 AM »
Works a treat Michael! So much easier to work in Studio One than the extremely disappointing sequencer in Genos.
           Thanks again. David