Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Styles/OTS/Multi Pads

How would you do this?

(1/2) > >>

Ken Stenzel:
I am trying to create a style for this song. Wondering how to create and execute a pad for this background sound throughout the song. Should I try to create it as part of the style or create a multipad?
 https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=oz8cxaXyvY0&si=L21ZIshpK_RnNUef.
 Ideas please. If anyone has a style that can replicate the sing please pass it on.

BogdanH:
hi Ken,
As you probably know, it can be done inside style or as multipad. I always prefer to have everything inside style (means, in a single file), which in this case is not a problem, because music is not busy and would probably fill only few channels.
The only reason why I would decide for multipad is, if I would plan to use the same padding (or effect) for other styles in future. But even then, it's easy to copy content from one style to another and keep style independent.

PS: About picking a voice that replicates the singing... is usually very problematic, because it's not only about what sounds nice (to the music). The thing is, a singer always sings emotionally and it's very difficult to find a voice that can transfer these emotions. I mean, let's face it: the song you wish to make style for, is actually good mainly because of the singing. And if you decide for wrong leading voice, the whole result can be totally different than you imagined.
I'm in similar situation right now... I made a style (only Main A variation so far) and I'm trying to find an instrument (voice) that could replicate female singer, but didn't found it yet. Will see how it ends... if ever.

Just sharing my thoughts,
Bogdan

Rick D.:
Hi Ken,

Maybe  our Forum member Pedro could make it for you. He does requested style creations and the prices are reasonable.

Here is his website to contact him.

https://www.styles4k.com/

Rick D.

pjd:
Hey, Ken! Finally a song that I recognize and like. I have this album and played it almost every day at work!

If I were approaching this song, I would probably play a fusion-y synth lead as the "vocal".

Seems like any funky stripped down drum and bass would work.

As to the float-y pad, I would steal an idea from the so-called Free-play styles. These styles usually have a pad that runs on and on, changing the chord sounded only when necessary. They do this by using long style MAIN parts which hold the chord for the full duration of the MAIN. A MAIN section can be up to 128 measures. That means copy-paste the drum and bass parts.

To make the float-y pad interesting, I'd add one or more modulation MIDI CC (continuous controller) streams which vary over the entire course of the MAIN.

Hope these ideas help -- pj

Ken Stenzel:
Thank you for your input. Looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me to replicate these. Contacted styles 4k. They are not styles he is familiar with so passed. If anyone has a particular drum style that may work for either please pass it on to me. I noticed on a Korg pax demo they had a beat for "Respect" that would fit perfectly. Haven't found one for the Genos yet.
   Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version