Fantastic, Simple Easy Yamaha Midi to Style!!

Started by Des O, November 16, 2023, 07:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhotoDoc05

OK Del,
Great!  But you're going to have to do more digging, and searching to resolve how to really fix it.

Do searches for "Windows programs off screen"  and try all the suggestions, something's got to work!
As I mentioned, I've had other programs do the same thing, it's frustrating, I know, but it can be resolved.
The Win - key and arrows did the trick for me in the past.

Another possibility is to change your actual screen resolution, try higher (if that's possible) or try lower resolution.
It might just pop back on your screen.  You might also look at your settings for screren "scaling" --- that might be throwing it off.

Keep us posted if you do find a better fix ---- Jerry

Del B

Hi Jerry
I changed my arrange display option from 2 to 1 it seems to have cured that but I will monitor it

Thanks for your help it is now loading up properly now ...Computers  >:(  grrrr

PhotoDoc05

OK Del, nice going!

Yep, computers --- grrr!  I made an honest living from teaching PC's and Network Management,
so no complaints, just glad I'm out of the rat race now -- LOL
Jerry
P.S. --- the YouTube video from Qui Robinez does an outstanding job explaining how to actually use the program!

Del B

Hi Jerry
Yes I have had a quick look at his and another one, I have loaded in a midi into the system and it seems to be working fine, once I have my G2 I will probably making some styles as I go.

Wim

Quote from: robinez on November 17, 2023, 10:08:53 AM
I have now spent a few hours on it and I am really blown away by the result, you can create one song style after another, it is so easy once you know the program. I connected my Genos 1 directly to it, so you can immediately hear what it sounds like on your Genos.

I have already transferred:
- volare
- rocking around the christmas tree
- piano man
- how deep is your love
and much more,

it's really a matter of dragging it in and then adjusting the markers if you don't think it's quite right. It will take you about 2 to 5 minutes per midi file to create a really good style once you know this program well. The program does all the rest for you.

If you consider that styles easily cost 12 euros each online, then this is a very good and cheap way to expand your keyboard with all those song styles once you have the midi file (and the internet is full of midi files). so that's not the problem anymore)

considering the questions above:
- you can't edit the midi notes
- you can revoice existing styles by renaming them to .mid and then dragging them in the editor.
- the revoicing can be done with the detailed edit page if needed.
- the sx900 voicelist is in the voicelist download on the yamaha songeditor page, just select edit - import voicelist in the program and select the sx900 file from that voicelist download

the voicelists for the supported models can be found on this yamaha page:
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/apps/midisong_to_style/downloads.html

You have to type over this Genos.txt file in MidiToStyle or can you import this file??. Because there is some text from Yamaha before.

rgds.
Wim

T. Schaub

Quote from: rphillipchuk on November 16, 2023, 09:42:17 AM
Please direct me to the "Voice List" for the DGX 670.........

Thanks

Here are some voice list files for a few more keyboard models:

DGX-670: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/41pxhoybeqllb8y22zb41/Yamaha-DGX-670.txt?rlkey=lqaqwhtynn67t4v1lwu5jnsfd&dl=1
CVP-809: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/z3nvs8wh8ytlydf1xqr3k/Yamaha-CVP-809.txt?rlkey=7devi4k4k7tjh5jhxc5efrywp&dl=1

Aside from Yamaha's official voice list for Genos/PSR models, has anyone started a central repository for unofficial voice lists created by the community?