Author Topic: Strings Section  (Read 853 times)

Offline Chicken fry

Strings Section
« on: November 16, 2023, 11:39:18 AM »
Hello there tyros users.... Can u guys send me the preset voices of the tyros 4 or 5...I'm just an sx900 user😊

Offline DerekA

Re: Strings Section
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 12:39:28 PM »
It won't do you any good without having the associated wave samples in the keyboard ROM. The voice file just contains instructions on how to play back those samples and apply tweaks such as attack, cutoff etc.

Having said that, there are not many voices on T5 that are not on SX900, with the exception of the Ensemble set.
Genos

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 12:40:32 PM »
It's impossible to copy voices from keyboard. And before you ask: No, vce files are not voices.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline Chicken fry

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2023, 04:55:13 PM »
It won't do you any good without having the associated wave samples in the keyboard ROM. The voice file just contains instructions on how to play back those samples and apply tweaks such as attack, cutoff etc.

Having said that, there are not many voices on T5 that are not on SX900, with the exception of the Ensemble set.
I just want the jazz violin voice... Is there any way I can get it on sx900❓

Offline andyg

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2023, 10:32:49 AM »
BogdanH already answered that - no.

If you're prepared to do some voice editing on one of the older violin sounds, you can create a pretty good jazz violin, but it won't have the attack characteristics of the preset one. But from experience, around half of players complained about that zingy attack anyway!
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

The following users thanked this post: Chicken fry

Offline Chicken fry

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2023, 01:46:59 PM »
@andyg Ok.. Now I understood... So I have to create a custom violin on the keboard itself... Thanks...