Author Topic: Voice  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Chicken fry

Voice
« on: November 16, 2023, 11:19:36 AM »
Does anyone know in which expansion pack includes Celtic violin...

Offline overover

Re: Voice
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 06:24:22 PM »
Hi Chicken fry,

The Yamaha "Celtic" pack includes a S.Articulation! voice called "CelticViolin1":
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/keyboards/vse/celtic/

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Chicken fry

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 02:50:26 AM »
 Uhhm.. Is there any way I can get it on SX900?

Edit by overover: Removed unnecessary Quote tags
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 03:08:43 AM by overover »

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 03:44:47 AM »
Uhhm.. Is there any way I can get it on SX900?

Yes, just install the "Celtic" Expansion Pack on your SX900:

- Click on the link above and download the SX900 version of this pack.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file.
- Import the .cpf pack file into the YEM (Yamaha Expansion Manager).

I recommend using the current YEM version 2.10.0 or at least V2.9.0.
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/yem_win.html

If you have not used the YEM before, the first thing you need to do is export the Instrument Info file (.n27) to a USB stick on the SX900 (in "Menu > Expansion > Export Instrument Info") and then import this file into the YEM as "Install Target".

- After importing the pack into YEM you will see it under "My Packs".
- Now click on the "PSR-SX900" Install Target and make sure the Pack is selected (= big light green tick in the pack icon).
- If you do NOT want to install certain content from the pack, you can deselect it now. (The color of the large light green tick changes to dark green.)

- If you have other packs in the YEM that are also installed on the SX900 (or previously installed packs that should remain on the SX900) these packs must also be selected in the YEM!

Important: The packs pre-installed at the factory will also be deleted when a new pack is installed. If you want to have these back on the SX900 later, download the desired "pre-installed" packs here and import (and select) them in YEM as well:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/keyboards/vse/index.html

- When all desired Packs are in YEM and are selected, click on "Save As Pack Install File" button and save the .cpi Pack Install file to a USB stick.

Important: Make sure to save a .cpi file. If the file type "Pack Quick Installation File (*.cqi)" is shown first, click on it and change it to "Pack Installation File (*.cpi)".

- Connect the stick to the SX900, go to "Menu > Expansion > Pack Installation" and install the .cpi pack file from the USB stick.

- You can find the installed Expansion Voices in the Voice Selection display under "User > Expansion" in the folder with the name of the pack in question. For other file types (e.g. Styles, Registrations, Multi Pads) in the Expansion Packs, you must first open the relevant File Selection Display to see the files (just like with Preset files).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 04:14:29 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

The following users thanked this post: Pityus

Offline Chicken fry

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2023, 12:36:58 PM »
Yes, just install the "Celtic" Expansion Pack on your SX900:

- Click on the link above and download the SX900 version of this pack.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file.
- Import the .cpf pack file into the YEM (Yamaha Expansion Manager).

I recommend using the current YEM version 2.10.0 or at least V2.9.0.
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/yem_win.html

If you have not used the YEM before, the first thing you need to do is export the Instrument Info file (.n27) to a USB stick on the SX900 (in "Menu > Expansion > Export Instrument Info") and then import this file into the YEM as "Install Target".

- After importing the pack into YEM you will see it under "My Packs".
- Now click on the "PSR-SX900" Install Target and make sure the Pack is selected (= big light green tick in the pack icon).
- If you do NOT want to install certain content from the pack, you can deselect it now. (The color of the large light green tick changes to dark green.)

- If you have other packs in the YEM that are also installed on the SX900 (or previously installed packs that should remain on the SX900) these packs must also be selected in the YEM!

Important: The packs pre-installed at the factory will also be deleted when a new pack is installed. If you want to have these back on the SX900 later, download the desired "pre-installed" packs here and import (and select) them in YEM as well:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/keyboards/vse/index.html

- When all desired Packs are in YEM and are selected, click on "Save As Pack Install File" button and save the .cpi Pack Install file to a USB stick.

Important: Make sure to save a .cpi file. If the file type "Pack Quick Installation File (*.cqi)" is shown first, click on it and change it to "Pack Installation File (*.cpi)".

- Connect the stick to the SX900, go to "Menu > Expansion > Pack Installation" and install the .cpi pack file from the USB stick.

- You can find the installed Expansion Voices in the Voice Selection display under "User > Expansion" in the folder with the name of the pack in question. For other file types (e.g. Styles, Registrations, Multi Pads) in the Expansion Packs, you must first open the relevant File Selection Display to see the files (just like with Preset files).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
Yeah.. I've done this earlier.. But didn't saw the Celtic violin1 in it... I think Celtic violin could be made for higher models like the Tyros, Genos etc..
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 12:38:10 PM by Chicken fry »

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2023, 02:38:07 PM »
Yeah.. I've done this earlier.. But didn't saw the Celtic violin1 in it... I think Celtic violin could be made for higher models like the Tyros, Genos etc..

I will check this in YEM and come back here soon.

Best regards,
Chris

Offline Chicken fry

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2023, 04:09:52 PM »

I will check this in YEM and come back here soon.

Best regards,
Chris
Ok..

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2023, 09:16:24 PM »
I've just checked, and confirmed, there is no S.Art Celtic violin on the PSRsxxx packs.

However, there is an IrishViolinAll (not super articulated) that will probably work,

Mark

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2023, 09:26:37 PM »
On the page that Chris provided, it's written: PLEASE NOTE: Contents may vary depending on the models.
As it seems, packs for Genos and Tyros contain more voices than the rest.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2023, 10:01:45 PM »
Thanks Mark and Bogdan!

As I also just discovered, the "Celtic" packs for Genos and Tyros5 are "Premium Packs", and these contain completely different content than the versions for PSR-S/SX models (and unfortunately only the pack is on the Yamaha VSE site List available for the Premium Packs). I have therefore attached screenshots of both pack versions.

In the Genos and Tyros5 Celtic Premium Packs there are "CelticViolin1" and "CelticViolin2". In the PSR-S/SX versions, however, 3 “IrishViolin” and 3 other “Violin” voices are included.

I have one hope: Maybe in the future Yamaha will also release the "Celtic" Premium Pack converted for Genos2 as a non-protected .ppf version. Then, if we're lucky, the voices from it could also be used on SX models ...

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 10:02:51 PM by overover »

The following users thanked this post: peterm

Offline Chicken fry

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2023, 06:26:39 AM »
Thanks Mark and Bogdan!

As I also just discovered, the "Celtic" packs for Genos and Tyros5 are "Premium Packs", and these contain completely different content than the versions for PSR-S/SX models (and unfortunately only the pack is on the Yamaha VSE site List available for the Premium Packs). I have therefore attached screenshots of both pack versions.

In the Genos and Tyros5 Celtic Premium Packs there are "CelticViolin1" and "CelticViolin2". In the PSR-S/SX versions, however, 3 “IrishViolin” and 3 other “Violin” voices are included.

I have one hope: Maybe in the future Yamaha will also release the "Celtic" Premium Pack converted for Genos2 as a non-protected .ppf version. Then, if we're lucky, the voices from it could also be used on SX models ...

Best regards,
Chris
Hhmm..It's Ok.. I wish SX900 would Support  S.Art2! voices in the near future...