Author Topic: PSR SX900 - Text Files  (Read 780 times)

Offline Akki

PSR SX900 - Text Files
« on: November 14, 2023, 01:28:12 PM »
Good day Group!

Hope everyone is doing fine!

Question - I have several thousands of lyrics that I would need on SX900, for "just in case" - as during gigs we have many requests and specific lyrics may be needed at "this time"
As I can see, SX900 doesn't index/search text files which is unfortunate.

How would you recommend setting all this up for quick find/select during gigs?
p.s. I don't want/need all of them in/as regs.

Thanks in advance!
Ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent! 🤷🍻

Yamaha Genos 2, Yamaha DX100, Korg Pa4x, Roland XP30, Soundcraft Ui16, Presonus Studiolive 1602, Shure WBH54, Beta 58 (2x), JBL PRX 718XLF (2x) & PRX 712 (2x)

https://www.4shared.com/s/dDhZjI8dv

Offline Fred Smith

Re: PSR SX900 - Text Files
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 02:28:10 PM »
I would put them in 26 subfolders named A to Z. As long as the name of the file is the name of the song, you now have them all in alphabetical order, so they’re pretty easy to find.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Innar

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 02:37:43 PM »
Hello Akki.
I use text files for each song. They are stored together with the song settings, usually under the 1, 2 or 3 Reg buttons. You cannot save them under buttons 2-8, because then the text page jumps to the beginning of the text. (Leave the Memori`s box unchecked). Large Font holds 11 lines (SX700), Proportional Large 10 lines. If your vision is sharper, you can use smaller fonts.
Lyrics usually require 1-15 pages. The page can be turned with the Inc+ or dec- button.
I have the lyrics in a separate song file about 250.
In order to quickly find words, I have a file of words under the Assignable 2 button, the pill can find it there.
When I select a new song and press 1reg. button, all settings appear immediately. Sometimes I don't leave the lyrics page. As soon as I press 1, the text jumps to the display. I select songs from Reg.Select +/-.
If there is interest, I can share my experience.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 05:16:05 PM »
I use text files for each song. They are stored together with the song settings, usually under the 1, 2 or 3 Reg buttons. You cannot save them under buttons 2-8, because then the text page jumps to the beginning of the text. (Leave the Memori`s box unchecked). Large Font holds 11 lines (SX700), Proportional Large 10 lines. If your vision is sharper, you can use smaller fonts.
Lyrics usually require 1-15 pages. The page can be turned with the Inc+ or dec- button.

I put each page in a separate file. I then memorize the file to the appropriate registration.

This way I can have the proper lyrics displayed as I progress through the registration bank without having to take my fingers off the keyboard.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Akki

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 05:26:33 PM »
I think we went a little off-topic.

Question is about 2000+ text files, and I don't want them assigned to any registrations.

Let's say you are on the gig, playing, 500+ people, lots of tips involved etc.  ;D
Imagine a folder on SX900, with all those text files (say in separate folders A-Z) and they are not assigned/linked to anything on SX900.
How would you quickly find text file for song that was just requested by someone.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 05:32:02 PM by Akki »

Yamaha Genos 2, Yamaha DX100, Korg Pa4x, Roland XP30, Soundcraft Ui16, Presonus Studiolive 1602, Shure WBH54, Beta 58 (2x), JBL PRX 718XLF (2x) & PRX 712 (2x)

Offline Patrick

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 05:47:31 PM »
Hi Akki, just have a tablet (i use an Ipad connected or not to the SX900) and add all your lyrics in an application like Songbook and all the lyrics wiil be in alphabetic order, or by list, books, ..... and you can find easily your song (search function); you can add a bluetooth page turner, or you can link all the lyrics to registrations and you're ready to play quickly! All the lyrics can be added on the tablet with Dropbox, .... All the best Patrick  :)

Offline Akki

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2023, 05:54:53 PM »
Hi Akki, just have a tablet (i use an Ipad connected or not to the SX900) and add all your lyrics in an application like Songbook and all the lyrics wiil be in alphabetic order, or by list, books, ..... and you can find easily your song (search function); you can add a bluetooth page turner, or you can link all the lyrics to registrations and you're ready to play quickly! All the lyrics can be added on the tablet with Dropbox, .... All the best Patrick  :)

Thanks Patrick. Another screen would be too much as already am using external monitor for text/lyrics.
I was thinking to utilize this setup as much as possible.

Offline Akki

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2023, 01:19:00 AM »

Patric, when you have chance , if you can see my new post please:
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,67656.0.html

Offline Patrick

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2023, 03:00:27 AM »
Hi Akki, your screen is too small; You can buy an adaptateur for connecting a big monitor screen or an  old led tv screen; or the best just connect an Ipad or an android tablet to your SX; you have to buy then an Ipad older to have the Ipad in front of you; all the best Patrick