Author Topic: PSR SX900 - Song List  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Akki

PSR SX900 - Song List
« on: November 13, 2023, 08:41:19 PM »
Hello Group,

Wonder if I can assign a text file to a MIDI file and save it in Song List (Player Mode), instead of saving it as registration and adding it to a Playlist?

Thanks
Ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent! 🤷🍻

Yamaha Genos 2, Yamaha DX100, Korg Pa4x, Roland XP30, Soundcraft Ui16, Presonus Studiolive 1602, Shure WBH54, Beta 58 (2x), JBL PRX 718XLF (2x) & PRX 712 (2x)

https://www.4shared.com/s/dDhZjI8dv

Offline Fred Smith

Re: PSR SX900 - Song List
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 09:19:03 PM »
Hello Group,

Wonder if I can assign a text file to a MIDI file and save it in Song List (Player Mode), instead of saving it as registration and adding it to a Playlist?

Thanks

A midi file does not support a text file. However, it does support lyrics. So you can add lyrics to a midi file, then display the lyrics on the keyboard's display. Most midi files come with lyrics in them.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Akki

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 10:02:51 PM »
Maybe I didn't explain properly.

I figured that I can assign a text file to a midi/kar and save that as registration and after add it to a playlist. (Right Panel) - all this works good.

Question is, instead of doing so many steps to achieve above, is it possible to assign a text file to a midi/kar and save it in Song Player List (Left Panel)

Yamaha Genos 2, Yamaha DX100, Korg Pa4x, Roland XP30, Soundcraft Ui16, Presonus Studiolive 1602, Shure WBH54, Beta 58 (2x), JBL PRX 718XLF (2x) & PRX 712 (2x)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 11:27:17 PM »

I figured that I can assign a text file to a midi/kar and save that as registration and after add it to a playlist. (Right Panel) - all this works good.

Question is, instead of doing so many steps to achieve above, is it possible to assign a text file to a midi/kar and save it in Song Player List (Left Panel)

No.

In the first case, you aren't "assigning" the text file to the midi. You are telling the registration to memorize a text file pointer in addition to a midi file pointer.

In the second case, there's no similar ability to get the song player to memorize a text file pointer.

However, you should look into midi lyrics. Certainly if you are using kar files, they have lyrics. You can display the lyrics of a song file by going through the menu.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Akki

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 12:05:08 AM »
No.

In the first case, you aren't "assigning" the text file to the midi. You are telling the registration to memorize a text file pointer in addition to a midi file pointer.

In the second case, there's no similar ability to get the song player to memorize a text file pointer.

However, you should look into midi lyrics. Certainly if you are using kar files, they have lyrics. You can display the lyrics of a song file by going through the menu.

Cheers,
Fred

Thanks, so no pointers to a text for midis - unfortunate.
Problem is that some of midi files I have are old and don't have lyrics, that is why I am trying to figure out the most convenient/fastest way to do this.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 04:16:23 AM by Akki »

Offline PierreSW

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 07:38:28 AM »

Hello!
You can do this with a text-file and then save in a registration,
so the text-file is loaded at the same time as the midi file.
// Pierre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6LXll5QCDc
YAMAHA Genos 2, YAMAHA MFC10, Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch, ZUM STEEL.

Offline Akki

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2023, 01:19:41 PM »

Hello!
You can do this with a text-file and then save in a registration,
so the text-file is loaded at the same time as the midi file.
// Pierre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6LXll5QCDc

Yes,.. looks like its only way - after that I add it to a playlist

Offline Innar

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2023, 02:53:58 PM »
Hello Akki.
The playlist in the list will be disconnected if you make any changes in the registration after confirming the playlist, the playlist will show after the title ! sign. Then take AddRecord again and take a name. Since the broken link doesn't work, it can be deleted from the playlist list.
Innar.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2023, 03:10:47 PM »
Hello Akki.
The playlist in the list will be disconnected if you make any changes in the registration after confirming the playlist

That's not true. You can make as many changes as you want to the registration, and the Playlist will still find it.

The only thing you can't do is rename or move the registration. If you change the name or location of the registration, then you will need to relink it in the Playlist.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Innar

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2023, 04:31:54 PM »
Hi Fred.
I checked again, yes you are right.
PSR tries to search for the same title on another memory stick. If he doesn't find it, he shows ! sign.
I have had several memory sticks in use, and then there have been confusions with the stick change.
I don't want to check right now, but I think Restart with C6 key deletes the Playlist. I just now had it empty and at some point I was forced to do a C6 Restart. I think it's safer to keep your stories in Registri Bank.
With respect,
Innar.

Offline Patrick

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2023, 05:54:17 PM »
Hi Akki, put all your lyrics ordered on your USB stick and just use the search function of the SX to read the text files; all the best Patrick

Offline Akki

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2023, 05:59:22 PM »
Hi Akki, put all your lyrics ordered on your USB stick and just use the search function of the SX to read the text files; all the best Patrick

Patrick, I don't think there is a search for text files - if it was there, it would solve all my problems (current) :)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2023, 06:47:26 PM »

There is no search on text files. The best you can do is make sure they’re in alphabetical order by song name.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

The following users thanked this post: Akki