Author Topic: PSR SX700 Keyboard Stand  (Read 903 times)

Offline PSRKey

PSR SX700 Keyboard Stand
« on: November 13, 2023, 08:17:45 AM »
Hello,

I bought the Yamaha PSR SX700 last week and wanted to buy a keyboard stand for it. I know that the Yamaha L-7B is suitable for this keyboard, but are there other options?

Thanks,
Yamaha PSR e-463, Yamaha PSR SX700, Roland FP30, Roland F20

Offline Lacko

Re: PSR SX700 Keyboard Stand
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 08:28:10 AM »
Of course, there are many keyboard stands. I am happy with König & Meyer 18810 stand for my SX700.

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 10:54:27 AM »
hello PSRKey,
Are there other options? -just open some musical equipment web store  ::)

Allow me to to give few opinions from my personal experience (you can thank me later)...
Don't buy so called "X-stand" for home use. Yes, they're popular for first time buyers (because they're cheap), but believe me, if you plan to play keyboard frequently, then you will throw it away quite soon (as I did). First reason: none of X-stands is really stable (no matter what some might say). And second reason is, there's not enough space for legs and so it's impossible to use pedals comfortable -keep in mind that you will sit when playing at home. There are other drawbacks, but those two reasons are enough to avoid it. In short: X-stands are only acceptable if you need to transport keyboard & equipment frequently.
I never tried so called "spider stand". They look quite fancy (and tend to be expensive), but from what I could see on Youtube and in store, I'm not convinced. To me, they have the same shortcomings as X-stands.

And so I decided for K&M-18820 stand -which is the same as Lacko (above) has, except mine is foldable. Yes, is expensive (especially if you decide for add-on's)... but keep in mind: you will probably change (or add) keyboards in future -but stand will stay.

I'm thinking... maybe you should try with some X-stand first... then you will later appreciate a good stand  ;)

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Online Divemaster

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 11:16:41 AM »
I have a Stagg MXS A1.

Adjustable for height, and width. Stagg also do a lot of accessories to fit this stand. Folds up to transport too. It's very firm, and I'd recommend it.
You need to be able to sit comfortably at your keyboard, with your legs underneath it.

The Yamaha L7S stand is a big solid well made stand and there's plenty of used ones around, but they have no height adjustment.

I agree with Bogdan scissor or X stands are hopeless. Not at all stable, and you don't want your shiny new keyboard falling off one.  Don't go there is my advice.

Keith
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 03:17:10 PM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline stevem

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 08:01:07 AM »
I have a Stagg MXS A1.

Adjustable for height, and width. Stagg also do a lot of accessories to fit this stand. Folds up to transport too. It's very firm, and I'd recommend it.
You need to be able to sit comfortably at your keyboard, with your legs underneath it.

The Yamaha L7S stand is a big solid well made stand and there's plenty of used ones around, but they have no height adjustment.

I agree with Bogdan scissor or X stands are hopeless. Not at all stable, and you don't want your shiny new keyboard falling off one.  Don't go there is my advice.

Keith

+ 1 for the Stagg. I tried an X stand and sent it back very next day. The Stagg is much better in many ways, not least knee room. I have modified mine (for static position/in room) by removing the front butterfly screw and replacing with a  cut-down bolt of same thread - stops me and h/phone cable from catching on it. I have also used small bits of that clear double-sided 'Nano' tape on the high points to lightly fix the keyboard in place. That should save it from any potential tip-over.

regards all, steve

Online Divemaster

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 08:15:43 AM »
Once I'd put my Stagg stand in place Steve, I measured and cut a piece of light MDF sprayed black to fit on the top. Drilled 2x 5mm holes along the back edge, about 1"in, and put 2 black cable ties thru  That way the keyboard is level and firm at all times, and very stable, and can still be folded if needed.

Keith
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

The following users thanked this post: stevem

Offline stevem

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2023, 09:54:26 AM »
Thank you Keith - i was already considering something along those lines with a view to using a clamp-on bracket for monitor.

By the by ,  i initially had an x - frame stool - hideously wobbly unstable junk  ;D . I tried using my wife's office chair in her study, and found it was excellent, so i acquired (Amazon...) a 'less bells n whistles' jobbie with flip-up arms. Spot-on. Back support and super-adjustable.  Unfortunately, being so comfy means i sit and tinker for longer....

Happy days
steve

The following users thanked this post: Divemaster

Offline PSRKey

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2023, 10:58:11 AM »
Thanks for your advices. I bought the König & Meyer 18810 and it is a very stable product.
Yamaha PSR e-463, Yamaha PSR SX700, Roland FP30, Roland F20

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2023, 11:08:36 AM »
Good decision!
Although Stagg MXS A1 (or similar) does the job very well and is cheaper (I think), K&M18810/20 gives more classy keyboard appearance. I know, I know .. I just needed to say it  ;)

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

The following users thanked this post: Divemaster