Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 1081 times)

Offline charliepud

Hello everyone
« on: November 11, 2023, 04:11:45 PM »
Hello everyone Just joined this forum as I am looking to change from my Technics keyboard to a psr sx600/700 and looking for tips on which to choose  :)

Offline RONBO

Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2023, 04:39:59 PM »
Charliepud

Hello and welcome to the forum

It would be to your advantage to spend as much as you can on a new keyboard; even if it hurts a little now. 

You won't regret it

All the best

Regards

Ron 

PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

The following users thanked this post: charliepud

Offline charliepud

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 05:35:24 PM »
Thanks Ron. will bear that in mind   :)

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 09:09:28 PM »
Hi Charliepud.

Welcome, and my advice would be the same as Ron.
Buy the PSR-SX700. It is a very very good keyboard with all you will ever need from an arranger.
Sure, there are even more expensive models, but for me the touch screen on this model is so so much more intuitive to use than having to press endless buttons.
I think if you bought the SX 600 you would soon wish you'd gone with the SX 700.
Just my opinion, but I've got 2 of them!
You can listen to some of the music I've played on my PSR-SX700 here on my performer page.

https://psrtutorial.com/perf/keithSimpson.html

Keith.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 01:08:51 PM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2023, 12:35:28 AM »
Hi Charlie,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member. Please let us know which Yamaha keyboard you purchase in the near future.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there. The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

https://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so. You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend, Peter (XeeniX) and maintained by another good friend, Runner4Fun, which presently contains 111,077 song titles in 2,914 indexed books. This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the website’s resources, which can be found at the following link:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family. If you have any questions, then please just ask. Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline charliepud

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2023, 08:08:35 AM »
Thank you to Keith and Roger for your replies, I am going to a keyboard shop sometime next week to listen to them in the flesh  :)

Offline charliepud

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2023, 10:59:58 AM »
Hi all, just letting you know, I listened to both keyboards in the flesh, and your advice and decided on the sx700. Thank you  :)

The following users thanked this post: Divemaster

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2023, 11:21:18 AM »
Well done.
I really hope that you get as much pleasure from playing your keyboard as I do playing mine.
You've made a good choice. The PSR-SX700 is a super arranger keyboard.

Keith
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 01:11:37 PM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2023, 02:47:53 PM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, Charlie!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline charliepud

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2023, 05:41:00 PM »
Thanks Chris :)