Author Topic: turn off drum part?  (Read 934 times)

Offline maarkr

turn off drum part?
« on: November 08, 2023, 06:39:37 PM »
If i don't want t hear the drum part, I guess I can turn off the 2 rhythm tracks in the Style section of the mixer... but if I change the Style Track Mute A (or B) parameter, the drums return.  Is there a way to stop the drums until I want them back? 
aka Gene Maarkr. PSR-SX900, FA-06, PX-5S, Yamaha drums, Epi Les Paul, Yamaha bass, Studio One DAW w Waves, NI, IKM, iZotope.

Offline pedro_pedroc

Re: turn off drum part?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 06:53:45 PM »
Hello,

Well, turn on and off in the mixer is one option.
using the Style mute knob another one.
Reducing the volume of the drum is another option.
Saving different registrations (one with drums and other with no drums) is another...

Just some suggestions.
Pedro

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 08:26:42 PM »
If i don't want t hear the drum part, I guess I can turn off the 2 rhythm tracks in the Style section of the mixer... but if I change the Style Track Mute A (or B) parameter, the drums return.  Is there a way to stop the drums until I want them back?

Use registrations.

Cheers?
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: maarkr

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 11:20:44 PM »

Hi maarkr,

If you don't want to work with Registrations as already suggested, the following settings might help you:

Go to "Menu > Style Setting > Change Behavior > Part On/Off". There are the options Lock, Hold and Reset. For detailed information, see the SX900 Reference Manual, page 13. This may be what you are looking for.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Enildo

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2023, 11:35:18 PM »
Hello Friend

You can set one of the assignable buttons to turn off and on whenever you want. I configured the assignable "F" button on my SX900 to do this.
Go to the functions of the assigned buttons -> Category: Overall ->
Function: Part On/off -> One Exit. Still in the function, go to Style (at the bottom of the display) -> Select what you want to turn off or on. Ready!
I selected channels 9, 10 and Audio Style (at the end) + MIDI drum channel 10. This button always turns off everything at once. But you can select it your way.
Good luck!

Enildo
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 11:37:29 PM by Enildo »
When word fail, Music speaks!