Author Topic: File date  (Read 692 times)

Offline farrio

File date
« on: November 06, 2023, 06:18:09 PM »
I have a Yamaha PSR SX700 and when I save a register, backup, etc., they always have the date 01/01/2019.
Is there a way for me to use the actual date?

It could be that a battery needs to be replaced, but I can't find any information in the manual.
thank you

Offline BogdanH

Re: File date
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 06:49:24 PM »
hello farrio
No, you can't set DateTime on PSR-SX700 -this can be done on SX900, though. If creation DateTime is important to you, then the only solution is, to copy the file and change DateTime on PC.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

The following users thanked this post: farrio

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 06:51:23 PM »
Hi farrio,

There is no battery in the SX700. When the SX700 is connected to a local network via an (optional) USB WiFi adapter (Yamaha UD-WL01), the date and time are set automatically.

Please go to "MENU > Menu 2 > Time". There you can set the date and time. I hope the "Time" menu item is displayed (unlike "Wireless LAN") even when the SX700 is not connected to a network).

Note that the date/time settings may be lost if the SX700 is unplugged for a few days.

See also the SX700 Reference Manual, page 128. If you don't have the Reference Manual, you can download it here:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx700/downloads.html

By the way, to my knowledge there are no differences between SX900 and SX700 regarding wireless LAN and date/time settings. However, since I don't own one of these models, I unfortunately don't know whether the "Time" menu item mentioned is always displayed or only when there is an existing WLAN (WiFi) connection to a local network.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 07:05:16 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 06:58:54 PM »
I stand corrected: I didn't know that Yamaha's USB WiFi adapter is needed for SX900 too. But then, we have Chris  :)

Bogdan

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 07:06:55 PM »
I stand corrected: I didn't know that Yamaha's USB WiFi adapter is needed for SX900 too. But then, we have Chris  :)

Bogdan

Yes, only Genos has a built-in WiFi adapter, SX900/700 don't have. ;)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 07:18:52 PM »
Although it's not that important for me, it's a shame these keyboards don't have internal clock with battery -even cheapo toys have it nowadays. That way Yamaha for sure won't sell me WiFi adapter...

Bogdan