Author Topic: Swap style in recorded song  (Read 895 times)

Offline bassgolf

Swap style in recorded song
« on: November 04, 2023, 09:22:06 PM »
Is it possible to swap a style in a recorded song?

Bassgolf

Tyros5/76
Sibelius 6
Mac Os
Bassgolf

Tyros5/76
Sibelius 6
Mac Os

Offline mikf

Re: Swap style in recorded song
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2023, 11:40:05 PM »
Recorded to midi, or audio?
Mike

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 01:30:08 AM »
Is it possible to swap a style in a recorded style.

Fir all practical purposes, it’s impossible. Better to re-record it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 01:19:25 AM »
Is it possible to swap a style in a recorded song?

Bassgolf

Tyros5/76
Sibelius 6
Mac Os

Hi Bassgolf,

If you play with Style and record it with MIDI Quick Recording (i.e. as a MIDI file), the played chords and the Style Control SysEx, which control the style sections (e.g. Main Variations / Fill-ins), are automatically written to the MIDI file. If you later play this MIDI file and start the style at the same time (you can use Sync Start), it will be automatically controlled by the mentioned XF chords and style control SysEx. (Note: In this case, you are not should not play any chords yourself with the left hand, otherwise the automatic control would be canceled and you would have to play ALL the chords yourself from this point on.

Using the method just described (playing MIDI file and style at the same time), you can You can also use a different style at any time. With this method, the originally recorded channels 9 - 16 of the MIDI file are REPLACED by the currently playing style parts (also channels 9 - 16). The channels 1 - 8 of the MIDI file (keyboard parts and if necessary. Multi Pad Parts, on the other hand, are played normally. You can record the result with Audio Recording if necessary, or with MIDI Multi Recording if desired.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 01:25:23 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: bassgolf

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2023, 03:16:00 AM »
But of course if it’s an audio recording you can do nothing.
Mike

Offline bassgolf

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2023, 04:26:15 PM »
Thanks for the help Chris,

It is a midi file and I only used the drum sounds of the style(all other aspects were played by me). So it is possible to change the style and then save it somehow? Or do I have to play it again with the new style? I suppose I could also, as you mentioned, just make an "audio recording" of the song with the new drum style?

Regards,

Bassgolf

Hi Bassgolf,

If you play with Style and record it with MIDI Quick Recording (i.e. as a MIDI file), the played chords and the Style Control SysEx, which control the style sections (e.g. Main Variations / Fill-ins), are automatically written to the MIDI file. If you later play this MIDI file and start the style at the same time (you can use Sync Start), it will be automatically controlled by the mentioned XF chords and style control SysEx. (Note: In this case, you are not should not play any chords yourself with the left hand, otherwise the automatic control would be canceled and you would have to play ALL the chords yourself from this point on.

Using the method just described (playing MIDI file and style at the same time), you can You can also use a different style at any time. With this method, the originally recorded channels 9 - 16 of the MIDI file are REPLACED by the currently playing style parts (also channels 9 - 16). The channels 1 - 8 of the MIDI file (keyboard parts and if necessary. Multi Pad Parts, on the other hand, are played normally. You can record the result with Audio Recording if necessary, or with MIDI Multi Recording if desired.

Best regards,
Chris
Bassgolf

Tyros5/76
Sibelius 6
Mac Os