Author Topic: Genos Text Files  (Read 850 times)

Offline DaveD

Genos Text Files
« on: November 03, 2023, 08:33:25 PM »
In what format do text files need to be save so that Genos can read them?  I can't find this information in the Reference Manual.

Many thanks,
DaveD

Offline overover

Re: Genos Text Files
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 08:52:02 PM »
Hi Dave,

Genos (just like Tyros and PSR-S/SX models) only supports plain text files (file extension ".txt"/".TXT"), such as those created by the Windows Editor (Notepad).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 08:53:17 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline DaveD

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2023, 03:07:36 PM »
Chris, thanks for the quick reply. I'll follow your advice.  Perhaps Genos 2 will read PDFs !

DaveD

Offline Patt22

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023, 10:43:44 AM »
Hello,

One thing puzzles me about the "text" management on Genos / Tyros etc ... I haven't seen anyone refer to this lack and yet ... it's there in the devices!

Why didn't Yamaha make the Alphanumeric keyboard available for editing / correcting / annotating text on and from the keyboard instrument to allow text adjustments on the "Screen pages"? ???

Why didn't they insert a "Screen Page Tag" that could be saved in the registrations for each page displayed by the keyboard, depending on the size of the text file? ???

Of course, we're not talking about typing a whole text here, but correcting and adapting the screen layout ... without using the computer!

The best would be an editor that finally incorporates ... color ( while we're at it )

Your thoughts are welcome.

Genos-mfc10-GroovyBand Live Platinium-VoiceLive3X-DRX15- UI24R- HF SM35 ...

Music is a Wave, choose the right Frequency to touch the Soul of those who listen to you ...

Offline DerekA

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2023, 12:34:38 PM »
The answer to "why didnt" is always the same, no matter what the question or scenario :)

They could have, but they chose not to, for reasons that made sense to them.
Genos

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2023, 12:57:43 PM »
One thing puzzles me about the "text" management on Genos / Tyros etc ... I haven't seen anyone refer to this lack ……..
There’s a pretty big clue in there why it hasn’t been a Yamaha priority  ……. ;D
As said on another thread, there is never a shortage of development ideas … deciding what to spend time/money on is always a compromise based on the same drivers … cost, ROI, time, competitive advantage, development capacity, demand, competing priorities…..
Mike

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2023, 01:35:54 PM »
One thing puzzles me about the "text" management on Genos / Tyros etc ... I haven't seen anyone refer to this lack and yet ... it's there in the devices!

Why didn't Yamaha make the Alphanumeric keyboard available for editing / correcting / annotating text on and from the keyboard instrument to allow text adjustments on the "Screen pages"? ???

Why didn't they insert a "Screen Page Tag" that could be saved in the registrations for each page displayed by the keyboard, depending on the size of the text file?

We can answer "how" questions. Only Yamaha can answer "why" questions.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons