Author Topic: Stop Style  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Per Gunnar

Stop Style
« on: November 02, 2023, 06:29:13 AM »
How can I stop the style playing when going from one registration memory to the next using the registration sequence?

Edit: Topic title edited by Roger Brenizer
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 08:24:23 AM by Roger Brenizer »

Offline ton37

Re: Stop Style
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 08:54:05 AM »
Why not just push the stop-button? Afterthat the next Reg.button?
Pls. clarify what you want to archieve? As other solutions are work-arounds... ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Lacko

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 09:21:27 AM »
You can save the next registration memory with style volume set at zero. Or you can push 3 adjacent keys at once to stop everything in style except rhythm until you press any other key for chord. Depends on what you really want to achieve.

Offline Per Gunnar

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2023, 10:29:07 AM »
I want to avoid to push the stop button. If I set the volume to zero the rhythm will continue to play so when I push the next reg button (registration sequence) with style volume I can be out of rhythm.

Offline ton37

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2023, 11:09:58 AM »
OK, @Lacko gave 2 workarounds.
I add the 3e option: use the Live Control Knob. Set e.g. knob 1 to: Cat. 'Mixer' and function 'Volume'.
Then thick the Style 'ON' in the submenu or choose one of the other submenues eg. in 'Style'-submenu
Examen if you whish to set [ACMP] 'auto Fill In' on 'ON'?

Yes, who said keyboardplaying is easy: sometime you need 3 hands  ;D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 11:12:22 AM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Lacko

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2023, 12:21:05 PM »
If I understood well, you want in some registration memory (button) to play rhythm, but not the other accompaniment instruments. Then select that registration memory, go to mixer, select Style, set all chords, pads, phrases - everything except rhythm 1, 2 - volumes to zero, than save this registration again. And in registration sequence you'll get just rhythm in this memory.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2023, 02:38:35 PM »
Use an ending, Per. With a volume of zero.

Then the following registration has SyncStart, the rhythm will start properly on your chord.

You might have to increase the tempo to get the ending to stop fast enough, depending on how long the sailing break is.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2023, 02:57:43 PM »
I want to avoid to push the stop button. If I set the volume to zero the rhythm will continue to play so when I push the next reg button (registration sequence) with style volume I can be out of rhythm.

Hi Per Gunnar,

If you want to stop the style completely, I recommend pressing the SYNC START button instead of the Style STOP button. This will stop the style, you can continue playing (with your right hand), and playing the next chord with your left hand will start the style correctly again.

By the way, you can also assign "Style Sync Start" to a Foot Switch.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 03:00:22 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline andyg

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2023, 06:00:02 PM »
You beat me to it!

I teach all my keyboard students the use of Sync Start as a temporary stop to the rhythm. A way a dealing with those lovely 'N.C' markings! :)

And yes, if there's footswitch available, they're taught to do it that way.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline Per Gunnar

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2023, 10:56:11 AM »
Thanks  for all inputs. I really appreciate it.