Author Topic: Add Photo to Post  (Read 870 times)

Offline rattley

Add Photo to Post
« on: October 29, 2023, 11:25:55 PM »
Hello

How do you use the insert image tab when posting?  I want a picture in the post. Thanks.  -charley

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master

Offline Rick D.

Re: Add Photo to Post
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 10:59:49 AM »
There are two ways. See photo

Rick D.

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 02:33:38 PM »
Hello

How do you use the insert image tab when posting?  I want a picture in the post. Thanks.  -charley

Hi Charley,

The easiest way is to insert a picture (that is on your computer) as an attachment (using "Attachment and other options > Choose File"). This will upload the image to the forum server and insert it below your post as a thumbnail. When you click on it, it will be enlarged.

If you want a picture directly in the text of your post, you must first upload the image file to the internet, e.g. to a picture hosting service like https://picr.eu/

It is important that you have a direct link to the picture, i.e. the complete URL with which the picture can be displayed in the browser. Copy this URL to your computer's clipboard and paste it wherever you want in your message.

Make sure the complete URL is marked (selected) there and then click on the "Insert Image" button  ( )  in the message editor. This will insert the BBCode tags [img⁣] respectivly [/img⁣] before and after the picture URL into the source text of your message and display the picture in the finished post.

Alternatively, you can first click on the "Insert Image" button (or write the BBCode tags mentioned yourself) and then insert (paste) the picture URL between them.

In the same way, you can of course display any picture from any website in your post. All you have to do is find out the relevant URL of the picture and copy it.

You can click on the Preview button before finishing the post to check whether the picture is displayed as desired.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 02:40:47 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline rattley

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2023, 04:40:47 PM »
Thank you!

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2023, 05:45:42 PM »
Thank you!

You're welcome, Charley!

I'm glad to could help you. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)