Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Yamaha Keyboards - General

Yamaha Style Names and Locations

(1/2) > >>

rattley:
Hello!

Earlier this year I have taken on the task of organizing my styles "collection".  I'm finding so many of the same styles have different names and even some with exact names but the style is different.  I wonder if Yamaha uses rhyme or reason when naming and renaming styles?  Just an observation.................   

My Genos has a country folder   My Dad's sx900 doesn't. Country styles are in the rock folder.  BigBand styles aren't necessarily in their own folders either.  I think they are in the jazz folder on my Genos. So many styles can do different genres     I better stick to one keyboard!        -charley

OT   I was wondering if there is any way to find out what style was used when recording either midi or wav?  I have a bunch of songs I made but can't remember what styles were used.   thanks.

Toril S:
No, there is really no system to the grouping of styles anymore. So I make my own system in folders. For question 2: Yes, if the MIDI was recorded with a preset style, the keyboard will load the style when you call up the MIDI song. The bad news is that it will not do that if it is an imported style. And not if you play a wave file.

EileenL:
When I record a midi file with a third party style I always save that style in my song folder and sometimes I give the style the song title to make it easier to find. Been doing this for years.

ton37:
Yes, what @Toril and @EleenL wrote is correct. I've given up trying to catalog thousands of styles somehow. Indeed, Yamaha makes a mess of housing the styles. Unable to follow. Like @EiLeenL. I do something similar: just create a folder with the name of the song you want to 'store'. In that folder you can then place the styles, midi, sheet music, lyrics, registrations, pads, waves, etc. that you use for that song. These can easily be found via the MS Explorer and/or the keyboard. It remains a time-consuming method, but I have not yet discovered another way that works for me.

rattley:
Yes!  My lack of record keeping has caught up with me.  I will do as you do!  Thanks.  -charley

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version