Author Topic: Load Tyros 4 voices to Tyros 3  (Read 1899 times)

Offline ingbo

Load Tyros 4 voices to Tyros 3
« on: October 28, 2023, 01:21:00 PM »
I am trying to load voices from Files-Voices/YamahaVoices/Tyros4Voices to Tyros3 and the ones I have tried have also been able to be used. I have stored the selected ones on the hdd.
When I saved the registration, the name of the selected voice disappears from the display, but it can still be used.
 What do I need to do for the registration to show the selected voice name?

Offline overover

Re: Load Tyros 4 voices to Tyros 3
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2023, 03:41:56 PM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, ingbo!

You are obviously talking about so-called “Voice Set files”, also called “User Voice files”. Such files are created when you copy a Preset Voice in the Voice Selection display or (re-)save it in the Voice Set display. Such Voice Set files only contain the voice settings and call up the underlying Preset Voice when loaded. If this is not available on the target keyboard (in your case Tyros3), the keyboard tries to find a similar-sounding voice and applies the Voice Set parameters of the relevant Voice Set file to it. If no suitable voice can be found, the voice may remain muted.

Such Voice Set files never contain Samples and are therefore not suitable for transferring voices from newer models to older models (unless the underlying Preset Voices are already included on the target keyboard anyway.

The behavior that after loading a User Voice file (regardless of whether it was loaded directly in the Voice Selection display or via a Registration) not the name of the User Voice file is displayed, but the name of the underlying Preset Voice is normal for older models, i.e. there's nothing you can do about it. Only with newer models such as Genos is the name of the voice file displayed here.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 03:46:21 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: ingbo