Author Topic: how do I use a WAV file for my didgeridoo sounds?  (Read 793 times)

Offline nenifoofer

how do I use a WAV file for my didgeridoo sounds?
« on: October 28, 2023, 12:27:45 AM »
Hi, I have found some suitable sounds for a didgeridoo at specific points in a song we are putting together. (Solid rock by Goanna) The sounds are wav files. I thought I needed to use multipad - but when I tried to create an mpad with these files, it told me the file type is not supported. So, how can I make use of these files in my PSR SX700? If I need to convert them to something else, what to and how? Thanks for your help.
I am a newbie on the PSR 700

Offline Fred Smith

Re: how do I use a WAV file for my didgeridoo sounds?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2023, 01:09:13 AM »
Hi, I have found some suitable sounds for a didgeridoo at specific points in a song we are putting together. (Solid rock by Goanna) The sounds are wav files. I thought I needed to use multipad - but when I tried to create an mpad with these files, it told me the file type is not supported. So, how can I make use of these files in my PSR SX700? If I need to convert them to something else, what to and how? Thanks for your help.

Just convert your file to a supported type. Audacity will do this fir you.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2023, 01:46:55 AM »
Hi Jenny,

the only supported format for audio files used in Audio Link Multi Pads is as follows:

- Wave file (extension .wav)
- Sampling rate 44.1 kHz (= 44100 Hz)
- Resolution 16-bit
- Stereo (!)

Wave files with a different format (e.g. 48 kHz, 24-bit, Mono) or MP3 files cannot be used directly, but must be converted into the correct format mentioned first.

You can use any Wave Editor or Audio File Converter program for this. There are also online audiio converter websites. Just ask uncle Google. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline nenifoofer

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2023, 02:43:28 AM »
Thanks so much guys:) You are wonderful. Managed to get 2 of the 3 tracks converted (the last one fell in a heap and sounded awful).
I am a newbie on the PSR 700