Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Yamaha Keyboards - General

Promises Promises!

(1/3) > >>

rattley:
Hello.

Since I have become so exuberant over the Genos II release now I wonder...............

Will Yamaha offer any better content support in the future?  I loved that Superior Pack Yamaha gave us during the pandemic.  But one style pack freebie in 6 years??  They did offer a bunch of YEM stuff for free. Even when Yamaha had the IDC connect method of style purchase their offerings were far from happening often.  At least YamahaMusicSoft kept me fueled with new stuff.

The Genos II is gonna offer more than new styles. I'm hoping the audio quality is improved. As exiting as a Genos II sounds I wonder if I could have been satisfied with just a few more of those Superior Packs released at regular intervals. Something to look forward too.  New styles make my keyboard sound 'fresh".   I like fresh !!    -charley

BogdanH:
Of course it would be "nice" if... But we need to be realistic: we pay for what's in the box and that's all. Everything that we eventually get later, is a bonus (part of advertising actually) or is necessary for a product to function as intended (i.e. firmware update). I'm not defending Yamaha, but that's how it is.
Means, if newly released keyboard isn't "fresh" enough for me (compared to what I have), then I just won't buy it.

Bogdan

ton37:
Agree, but for now we've only seen the box, which seems big ( holding a cameraman and a keyboard). So the brown box is of good quality with brown tape and could hold even a Px5a .... hopefully be continued or will there be  only 1 teaser ?  ;)

ugawoga:
All we need is an easier program for computer to make Styles and edit sound.
There would then be no need for Extra packs.
I hope packs and Yem deleted and a have a decent Style program and load sounds straight into the Genos 2  singularly or in banks. :)

Oldden:
Not all software is kept up I’m afraid. Remember Yamaha Visual Arranger, XG works and similar programs. Nice if there was someone clever who who want to make an editing program just for Yamaha styles, voices and the rest to run on windows or apple. There would be no money to be made from it so Yamaha would never do it. Cubase to me is more of a general purpose DAW, and not specifically designed for Yamaha keyboards. So we just manage the way we do unless there is something out there now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version