Author Topic: My DGX670 After Two Years  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Graham UK

My DGX670 After Two Years
« on: October 23, 2023, 12:37:35 PM »
My DGX670 is now approaching me owning it for two years and it still surprises me with its sound quality and build quality for its lowish ! price. 
Did not initially expect it to be so good.
Pianos I find excellent and with a key bed that's a joy to play.
Possibly one of my best buys over my 60 keyboard buying years.
My personal opinion of course....
DGX670

The following users thanked this post: motekmusic

Offline Toril S

Re: My DGX670 After Two Years
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 05:26:10 PM »
So glad you are satisfied with it Graham! Enjoy!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

Offline Massimo

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 06:32:08 PM »
Hi, my name is Massimo and I live in Italy, I also have a DGX670.

Have you noticed that the default organ voices don't load the leslie (only those defined as accompaniment)? They can certainly be modified and saved in the user folder but they have been generated predefined so that with the left pedal there is a vibrato-type modulation but not the famous Leslie typical of Hammond organs. At least I hope it's not just my keyboard that behaves this way...... Many thanks and best regards.

Edit: Text slightly modified by overover
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 10:35:58 PM by overover »

The following users thanked this post: Elpupas7

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2023, 11:17:34 PM »

Have you noticed that the default organ voices don't load the leslie (only those defined as accompaniment)? They can certainly be modified and saved in the user folder but they have been generated predefined so that with the left pedal there is a vibrato-type modulation but not the famous Leslie typical of Hammond organs. At least I hope it's not just my keyboard that behaves this way...... Many thanks and best regards.

Hi Massimo,

I think the answer to your question can be found in the DGX-670 Reference Manual (section "Assignable Functions", page 77). See the attached screenshot.

With (Organ) Super Articulation Voices ("S.Art!") the Rotary Speaker effect is already included in the wave samples. To switch the effect for S.Art Voices (see also Voice List in the DGX Data List), you need to assign the Pedal function Articulation 1 or 2 (NOT "Organ Rotary Slow/Fast").

For organ voices where an organ effect such as "RotarySp1" is applied, please see "Applying Voice Effects", page 47 in DGX-670 Owner's Manual as well as "Editing Effect Parameters", from page 68 in DGX-670 Reference Manual.

If you don't have the Reference Manual, you can download it here:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/pianos/portable_grand/dgx-670/downloads.html

By the way, it should be mentioned that the DGX-670 does not have/support any “Organ Flutes” voices. That's why you unfortunately cannot use corresponding User Voices (file type ".org") from other models (e.g. Genos/Tyros/PSR-S/SX models) on the DGX-670.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 11:28:29 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Mike W

Offline s_cristi

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2023, 12:56:09 PM »
Hi!

it's an awesome instrument for the bucks, quite amazing indeed.
And I have no idea why the keyboard feeling on the DGX 670 is much better than on my ARIUS YDP 144
(or at least both me and my brother do prefer it)

May us all have fun and peace playing music!  :D
Blessed be the Lord God Almighty!
PSR Sx700  8)

Offline Dnj

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2023, 02:32:22 PM »
A superb instrument overall....certainly BEST Bang for the buck..... 8)

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2023, 03:02:54 PM »

Hi Massimo,

I think the answer to your question can be found in the DGX-670 Reference Manual (section "Assignable Functions", page 77). See the attached screenshot.

With (Organ) Super Articulation Voices ("S.Art!") the Rotary Speaker effect is already included in the wave samples. To switch the effect for S.Art Voices (see also Voice List in the DGX Data List), you need to assign the Pedal function Articulation 1 or 2 (NOT "Organ Rotary Slow/Fast").

For organ voices where an organ effect such as "RotarySp1" is applied, please see "Applying Voice Effects", page 47 in DGX-670 Owner's Manual as well as "Editing Effect Parameters", from page 68 in DGX-670 Reference Manual.

If you don't have the Reference Manual, you can download it here:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/pianos/portable_grand/dgx-670/downloads.html

By the way, it should be mentioned that the DGX-670 does not have/support any “Organ Flutes” voices. That's why you unfortunately cannot use corresponding User Voices (file type ".org") from other models (e.g. Genos/Tyros/PSR-S/SX models) on the DGX-670.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Massimo,

Did you read my answer to your question back then and did it help you?

I would be happy to receive feedback from you!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)