Author Topic: Do you remember? The 4 teasers of Genos1, while waiting for Genos 2 teasers!  (Read 2628 times)

Offline ton37

Those were the days my friend ....

While 'we' are waiting for the teasers of the Genos 2 some old 'emotions' of the launch of Genos (1). Do you remember?

Teaser 1: https://youtu.be/4Sva8QktXf0
Teaser 2: https://youtu.be/3eEdirtEo6E
Teaser 3: https://youtu.be/NHNbFS4y7xs
Teaser 4: https://youtu.be/Lm789ITY-f4

Yamaha kept us guessing for quite a while  ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline musicman100

I have just re watched them but I am confused apart form the first one what did the other three have to do with a genos??? ( Apart form the second one with a few shots of turning a knob on the genos!!).

Did the genos produce the sounds? It was not very clear.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 01:13:52 PM by musicman100 »
Yamaha psr 770, kawai es920, Genos 2

Past-KN2000 Tyros 4 CVP 407 Psr70

https://soundcloud.com/musicmantees

https://www.scoreexchange.com/profiles/musicman

https://www.youtube.com/@keyboardplayertees

Offering on line and in person lessons on Genos 2.

Offline maartenb

I have just re watched them but I am confused [..]
Did the genos produce the sounds? It was not very clear.

You're not the only one who is confused. It just didn't make any sense whatsoever.

I think Yamaha sponsored Alex Christensen, because there are more music videos of him with the Berlin Orchestra (not used as teasers) where you can see Yamaha headphones and short snippets of Genos.

It was more a teaser for Alex' new album than for Genos.

Maarten
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 12:16:20 PM by maartenb »

Offline ton37

So.. you have been warned. ;D You can probably expect this from the following teasers about the Genos2. Each time a piece is revealed. Although the transition from the Tyros to the Genos was a big step in terms of hardware, so it will look a bit different now. Nevertheless speaking impartially, Yamaha's advertising division does this well! ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline ugawoga

Yamaha need to keep to the subject instead of wasting money on a full Orchestra and pop singers singing repetiton rubbish.
Could not see the point in those teasers. I can remember just switching them off in boredom ;D ;D
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Toril S

Oh yes, and I bought a Tyros5 instead, because I was afraid of the touch screen. Then, two yeas later I bought my Genos!! And I love it!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

I suspect (I'm quite sure) very good strings orchestra sounds in Genos 1 teasers were not Genos 1 strings.

I hope the piano sound we hear in the first Genos2 teaser is really a Genos 2 sound.

Offline ton37

OK, if you analyze (or why would you?  ;) )the 4 teasers for the Genos a bit you will see some flashes (seems like surreptitious advertising) that focus on:
- the main display, not tiltable (teaser 2, 3 and 4)
- the sliders, buttons and mini displays (teaser 2 and 4)
- the joystick (teaser 3)
- a complete overview of the keyboard in the various teasers stitched together.

These were the bigger differences compared to the Tyros 5 in terms of appearance.
Maybe the layout will not be very different to the Genos 1, most will be IN the Genos 2 (I hope)?

So I'm curious whether Yamaha has enough material to show us the external differences between the Genos 1 and 2 in 4 teasers? ::) ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline maartenb

Yes, I would think so.

The first teaser revealed:
  • The body will look like Genos (1). The power button and volume knob are exactly the same.
  • The skin might be slightly textured
  • The colour probably will be black, although it's almost impossible to see with the way the studio lights are set up
  • The sound you hear can't be played on a 76-key Genos without using transpose. This might indicate an 88-key version.
  • The keys are higher (possibly only on the 88-key model)
  • The piano sound has been greatly improved
At the same time many questions are left unanswered:
  • Will there be multiple versions, like 61, 76 and 88 keys?
  • What changed with the display (size, resolution, touch sensitivity, angle)?
  • What changed in the user interface in the display?
  • How do the buttons, faders and knobs look like?
  • How has the secondary display changed (bigger/higher like the Montage M)?
  • Have the button hinges been improved?
  • Have the buttons inside printing now or is the ink otherwise "hardened"?
  • What is the button layout (removed, changed and/or new buttons)?
  • How are the current features improved?
  • What are the new features?
  • How does it sound? If the piano sound is representative, we are in for a treat!

So, there is plenty more to show. I am definitely looking forward to the next teasers, the live stream on November 15th and the feature demo shorts by Martin Harris!

Maarten

To complete and if I'm not wrong, Colas Musique (who seemed to have some info) indicated the screen won't be tiltable.

For the piano sound, it's difficult to say if it's greatly improved: if you choose carefully your EQ just for the played note - so the same EQ values won't be good for higher notes - , I think you can have very good results with Genos 1.

Nevertheless, it could be an indication piano sounds are improved.

I will be surprised if there are 61 and 88 keys models, as one can already pre-order the Genos 2.
I imagine, at least one dealer should have asked someone if he wants a 61, 76 or 88 key model, and we already have known a dealer asked this question....
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 07:53:56 AM by soundphase »

Good morning,

I have no information on all these wishes except that a priori and in the immediate future, a 76-key keyboard would be proposed. Which does not mean that the model could evolve as with the T5 which went from 61 to 76 keys.

As for the screen, with all reservations, it would be slightly inclined but not removable.

Concerning the sounds, they would be improved by the presence of several processors (at least 2).

There could also be some changes to the keyboard.

Christian

Good morning,

I have no information on all these wishes except that a priori and in the immediate future, a 76-key keyboard would be proposed. Which does not mean that the model could evolve as with the T5 which went from 61 to 76 keys.

As for the screen, with all reservations, it would be slightly inclined but not removable.

Concerning the sounds, they would be improved by the presence of several processors (at least 2).

There could also be some changes to the keyboard.

Christian
So you have some information  ;)

Offline maartenb

I will be surprised if there are 61 and 88 keys models, as one can already pre-order the Genos 2.
I imagine, at least one dealer should have asked someone if he wants a 61, 76 or 88 key model, and we already have known a dealer asked this question....

I think dealers are not allowed to ask that question yet, since it's still under embargo. When I pre-ordered a few months ago, my dealer just said "I'll put you on the list.". He didn't deny nor confirm the existence of the Genos 2. If I would pre-order a Genos 3 now, he would give the same answer. I know people who have pre-ordered the Genos 2, years ago.

If the Genos II only comes in 76 keys (my ideal size) as Christian says, and the teaser is thus done with a 76 key Genos II, we'll get "piano-high" keys. Curious how that looks and plays.

BTW, In my post above I don't mean a tiltable screen, but the angle towards the top casing. Currently, the display's bottom in sunken more than the top. You have to put your finger tip "into" the screen to reach the bottom screen buttons. Just like Motif. I hope the screen now lays "flat" in the top casing, like Montage (M), so everything is easier to reach. We'll know soon.

Maarten

The following users thanked this post: colas musique