Author Topic: Firmware update from 1.01  (Read 1176 times)

Offline jaebea

Firmware update from 1.01
« on: October 22, 2023, 02:17:21 AM »
I have had my keyboard since it first came out.  I never knew I needed to update firmware until now when I want to add some 3rd party sounds.  I am at 1.01 and see that the updates are at 1.11 now.  Are all prior updates included in 1.11?  I am noticing the first one, 1.02, allows the keyboard to use the newer version of the EM which I just installed and older updates appear to be not available for download.  Am I going to have a problem here?

Offline overover

Re: Firmware update from 1.01
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2023, 03:04:33 AM »
Hi jaebea,

You can directly install the latest firmware update on your SX900, in your case V1.11.

Also make sure you have installed the latest version of the Expansion Manager (YEM) on your computer, currently V2.9.0.
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 03:06:00 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline jaebea

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2023, 03:07:45 AM »
Thanks Chris!!  Much appreciated!    :D

Offline ckobu

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2023, 09:56:26 AM »
The entire upgrade process is described here, it only applies to version 1.05. The same procedure applies to the latest version 1.11.
https://youtu.be/FpXEFX8pYcM?si=Gwr_KGYluZyyWfXB

Offline s_cristi

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2023, 12:19:42 PM »
Hello!

Does anyone know if this only replace the operating system or also the user configuration?

Do I have to backup user EQs and other user settings before upgrading ?

BR
Cristi
Blessed be the Lord God Almighty!
PSR Sx700  8)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2023, 01:27:05 PM »
Does anyone know if this only replace the operating system or also the user configuration?

It just replaces the OS. User settings stay the same.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2023, 02:40:14 PM »
Hello!

BR
Cristi

Hi Cristi,

Normally, as Fred already mentioned, the user-defined settings are retained during a firmware update.

However, with larger updates (e.g. Genos V2.0) the user settings may still be reset to factory defaults. I therefore recommend reading the relevant information on the firmware update download page carefully before each update. (Such important information is usually written in red.)

By the way, it never hurts to have a current copy of the user setup files. For the SX700, go to "Menu > Utility > Factory Reset/Backup > Page 2 > Setup Files". Here save the setup files “System”, “MIDI” and “User Effect” on a USB stick. If necessary, you can load back these files later using the same buttons.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 04:02:49 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline s_cristi

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2023, 03:16:27 PM »
Thank you Fred and Chris!
I have updated from 1.02 to 1.11 without any hassle, user settings are still in keyboard and I also have some backups now.

Best regards!
Blessed be the Lord God Almighty!
PSR Sx700  8)