Author Topic: LOL, my (your) prediction regarding the Genos 2 almost a year ago!  (Read 1160 times)

Offline ton37

I'm sorry, I can't resist: My Yamaha dealer and Peter Baartmans turned out to have been a good source. The prediction from almost a year ago that a new Genos 2 would be launched at the end of 2023 came true. And of course a grat to all who were right too!
So: a cristal ball in excellent condition for sale!

Mmm.. there may be a crack in the crystal ball, because there are supposed to be 3 models of the Genos 2 (61/76 and 88 keys)  ;D

Sources:
I was at my keyboard dealer (an important/big dealer in NL and a reliable source for me!) to try out the new Korg PA5x, because I really wanted a 61 keys keyboard. I had also once bought the Genos (1) from him, but I sell it as it was too large for me. That's why I bought the SX900. The KorgPA5x offers a lot of features that I appreciate in a new keyboard: a very good keybed, a good sound, a good readable and tiltable screen, sliders and 61 keys! I was in the mood to buy the Korg. Then he advised me to wait a little longer with regard to my wish to buy a Yamaha 61 at Genos quality. He said: certainly within 1 year Yamaha will come up with a Genos and with 61, 76 and 88 keys!! In the meantime Korg will also need some updates to let the PA5x run smoothly. So I'll just wait one year until the new Genos arrives, about half of 2023. Nice prospect...  ;)

Hi, today I attended a keyboard demonstration given by the Yamaha-demonstrator and entertainer: Peter Baartmans. Being able to enjoy his presentation and listning to his sublime playing technique for 2 hours. An engaging and friendly person who is easily approachable. He played on the Yamaha CVP-7xx and on the Genos. Oh man, wat a wonderful 'concert', so inspiring! Of course: at the (coffee)bar I couldn't resist asking him: when we will see you demonstrating a new Genos2 ? He answered: I don't know that either (and if he did, he wouldn't tell). But he wouldn't be surprised if he started giving presentations on it next Christmas (2023)! In other words, I still trust my prediction in the headline of this post. So, just enjoy your 'old' Yammie just another year and then ...?? It's going to be a 'happy new year', in this regard. ;)
Enjoy all the speculations, novelties, teasers, excitement, dips, fake news, disappointments, critical notes, enthusiasm in the near future  ;)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 02:48:07 AM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Re: LOL, my (your) prediction regarding the Genos 2 almost a year ago!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 09:24:55 AM »
That’s great news.  :D

Offline Stubby

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 12:58:02 PM »
Has Yamaha ever made 88 key arrangers in the past?  I’ll order a new Genos regardless, but an 88 key version might tempt me to forgo plans to buy some other 88 key keyboard just to get the full piano range for some of the songs I play.

Offline maartenb

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 02:00:08 PM »
The Clavinova CVP line is 88 key.

But maybe Genos II will also come in 88 keys. Please see my post here regarding Yamaha's text on Instagram.

Maarten