Author Topic: Breaking News on Instagram  (Read 3112 times)

Offline EileenL

Breaking News on Instagram
« on: October 20, 2023, 06:09:56 PM »
Genos 2 announced for Nov 15th launch.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 09:14:29 PM by EileenL »

The following users thanked this post: soundphase, rodrigo.b

Re: Breaking News on Instagram
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 06:32:47 PM »
Genos 11 announced for Nov 13th launch.

Excuse me, Where I can find the post?

Offline Danny1972

The following users thanked this post: rodrigo.b

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2023, 08:52:31 PM »
Eileen, that is not good news for our pocket books!😀😀😀 Oh my!!😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2023, 08:59:56 PM »
Ummmm, that would be November 15th…

The following users thanked this post: Genos1957

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2023, 09:16:29 PM »
Well Toril we have had seven years to put away some pennies toward it. ;)

Offline Del B

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2023, 10:50:50 PM »
You could always part ex a couple of keyboards Toril  ;D ;D

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2023, 11:20:29 PM »
Hi Eileen
I knew Eileen when you said be patient it was on the horizon.
All great news.

I have just recently purchased a i7  Zenbook flip back laptop.
I also purchased a 24 inch Samsung monitor and wow ,when you put a HDMI lead into the monitor from the Zenbook sheet music is A4 size and crystal clear with Mobile sheets. The Airturn works magic with the setup.
The Zenbook great for music, and of course football matches bigged up on our 50 inch tv
It is also great for home movie making, powerful for a lot of things with the 16gig worth of ram.
I possibly now could have music sheets and the new Genos on screen with HDMI 1 and 2.

All the Best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Oxford1035

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 PM »
I said a few weeks ago that the evidence was there that a new Genos was on the horizon. Quite a few naysayers thought otherwise 😉. Is it okay to say l told you so? 🤣

Russ

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2023, 12:06:28 AM »
Yes there have been rumours going round for weeks that it would be at the Yamaha weekend here in November when Martin Harris and Peter Bartmanns will be present.

Offline svpworld

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2023, 12:40:43 PM »
Wouldn't it be so nice if it was another major software update for our current Genos keyboard.  Sadly unlikely given the headline, but it does slightly annoy me what Yamaha said before about supporting their existing Genos owners when they released the version 2 firmware update.  If this indeed a new model of Genos, it's going to have to be pretty amazing and special to trump the current keyboard. 

Offline maartenb

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2023, 12:58:25 PM »
Let's see...
  • There has been OS version 2 for the current Genos, with more expansion memory, free styles and voices, chord looper, style reset, and more...
  • Genos 2 may come in an 88-key version with plastic "high" keys
  • The sound has been improved (just listen to the piano sound in the teaser)
For the past 15 years every keyboard Yamaha released has trumped the previous one. Whether it's enough to upgrade is of course up to you. But improvements have always been made.

Maarten

Offline ton37

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2023, 01:10:54 PM »
Mmm.. I agree with point 1. But based on only 1 (one!!) sound in the teaser ... that goes too far for me to speak of an improvement in the sound in the Genos 2. Of course that can be expected, but that will only become apparent when you've heard the keyboard life. I'm also curious whether you will need a new/different speaker-set again. I'm afraid so... Please pay at the cash register?  ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline musicman100

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2023, 01:27:58 PM »
Mmm.. I agree with point 1. But based on only 1 (one!!) sound in the teaser ... that goes too far for me to speak of an improvement in the sound in the Genos 2. Of course that can be expected, but that will only become apparent when you've heard the keyboard life. I'm also curious whether you will need a new/different speaker-set again. I'm afraid so... Please pay at the cash register?  ;)

I think so - because music shops are selling off  the GNS-MS01 at a reduced price so it looks like there will be new ones.!!
Yamaha psr 770, kawai es920, Genos 2

Past-KN2000 Tyros 4 CVP 407 Psr70

https://soundcloud.com/musicmantees

https://www.scoreexchange.com/profiles/musicman

https://www.youtube.com/@keyboardplayertees

Offering on line and in person lessons on Genos 2.

Offline maartenb

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2023, 02:02:13 PM »
but [sound quality] will only become apparent when you've heard the keyboard live.

I agree, that's why I expect to see you in Amersfoort (NL) on November 16th!  ;)  And November 15th on the Yamaha live stream, of course.

I'm also curious whether you will need a new/different speaker-set again.

Keyboard-independent (monitor) speakers are therefore always cheaper in the long run.

Maarten

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2023, 02:06:55 PM »
Good morning,

For the sound system it will be Gns-MS 02 (around €300)
Christian

Offline Del B

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2023, 03:11:12 PM »
I will not be buying the speaker system with the new Genos, I have my 2 Genelec 8020 DPM & 7050 subwoofer I got these last year in preparation for the new Genos as I did not want
Yamaha's Speakers that come with the keyboard, and so glad I have gone down this road, they are top quality speakers.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 03:12:28 PM by Del B »

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2023, 03:27:12 PM »
I only buy the Yamaha speakers for resale when I sell my old keyboards, I have two Bose L1 Compacts that I use at home.

Rick D.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2023, 04:47:20 PM »
Good morning,

For the sound system it will be Gns-MS 02 (around €300)
Christian

You would be better off buying Focal Alpha 50's. They are French also and top quality monitors for a home studio. Just over £400

https://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Focal-Alpha-50-Evo-Active-Studio-Monitor/3T34?origin=product-ads&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3OqC6MGMggMVOJFoCR3SpgeZEAQYByABEgKjgfD_BwE
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2023, 04:48:55 PM »
I will not be buying the speaker system with the new Genos, I have my 2 Genelec 8020 DPM & 7050 subwoofer I got these last year in preparation for the new Genos as I did not want
Yamaha's Speakers that come with the keyboard, and so glad I have gone down this road, they are top quality speakers.

A sensible buy also :) :)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2023, 05:21:27 PM »
I hope they have done away with the awful 8pin cable contacts!!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2023, 06:28:53 PM »
I hope they have done away with the awful 8pin cable contacts!!!
Also those O'rrible tinny litle speakers with battery wires and cardboard boom box ;D ;D
Waste of £300 when for another £100 or so  would give you another world of sound that you would not look back. :)
Those Yamaha speakers are a rip off.
Just think , you lay out £4,500 on a class keyboard and add inferior speakers. Does not make any sense to me whatsoever.
Those speakers are like going back to a transister radio to listen to Radio Luxembourg under your pillow late at night on the Kid Jenson prog rock show. Those were great days though after giving up on the crytsal set :P :P :P ;D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 06:36:26 PM by ugawoga »

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2023, 07:24:57 PM »
Good evening,

It all depends on how each person uses their device.

If it's to play in your office alone or in a small space, which is the lot of many even if they don't say it, that's one thing (given the average age of the members), if at On the contrary, the use is public, that's something else.

It's up to everyone to decide according to their needs.

Christian