Author Topic: PSR-47, how to get the keys of  (Read 1177 times)

Offline seven9

PSR-47, how to get the keys of
« on: October 20, 2023, 03:40:12 PM »
I have a Yamaha psr-47 and a few keys are not functioning so I want to clean underneath the keys.
However, I saw a lot of video's on Youtube about newer models and how to easily do this, but with this one it's not so easy!
I have unscrewed it and the keyboard is out, but there is a strip that doesn't come of.
I add here some pictures, taken from different sides. From above, from the side and from underneath.

Can anybody help me? Much appreciated!

Offline BogdanH

Re: PSR-47, how to get the keys of
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 04:54:30 PM »
hello seven9 and welcome to forum,
I don't have this keyboard, but from what I can see on photos, keybed construction is very similar to newer models (except in your case, the strip is L-shaped).
Keep in mind that these plastic parts were tightened for many years and so they kinda glued together. I'm sure if you apply enough force, you'll be able to remove these black plastic parts by pulling them vertically (up from keys)... maybe you start on edge by using some small flat screwdriver to separate plastic parts.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

The following users thanked this post: seven9

Offline seven9

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 05:40:40 PM »
Thank you for your answer, Bogdan.

However, as you can see on the picture with side view, both the black and white strip have little nipples that stick out so you cannot lift the keys. You would somehow have to pull them towards you so that these nipples don't obstruct the upward motion anymore. But pulling towards you isn't possible either.

On first sight it looks a bit the same as newer keyboard, but it's seems to be actually quite different.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 05:49:40 PM by seven9 »

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2023, 06:21:47 PM »
From what I see on 3rd picture, you first need to remove black L-shaped strip. As said, I wold try with small flat screwdriver (or knife) on the edge of strip and gently twist underneath black ribbon.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2023, 07:23:24 PM »
This may help (or scare): those aren't individual keys. I'm pretty sure they're in staggered blocks of 4. So you can't lift out 1 key, you kind of have to take out pretty much all of them at once, starting from one side.

Incidentally, this has little to do wtih age, even newer keyboards, like the s970, the keys are setup this way.

Mark

Offline pjd

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2023, 03:38:18 AM »
This page shows replacement parts for PSR-47:

https://syntaur.com/keyboard.php?keyboard=Yamaha_PSR-47

It shows how the keys are molded together in groups.

Hope this helps — pj

Offline pjd

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2023, 03:42:47 AM »
The Elektrotanya site has the Portatone PSR-47 Service Manual. The service manual has pictures and information about assembly and disassembly.

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2023, 03:44:11 PM »
Hi seven9,

You can download the PSR-47 Service Manual from my Dropbox using the following link. (This is the download from “elektrotanya.com”).
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ktr7n08w5u143ymj5vca2/sm-yamaha_psr-47.zip?rlkey=5zqfzi1hb1jgf1bh03txuiqx7&dl=0

The zip file contains the circuit diagram (.tif file) and two PDF files. There you will find all the necessary information about disassembling/assembling the keyboard assembly.
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)