Author Topic: Wav file not loading  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Ken Stenzel

Wav file not loading
« on: October 15, 2023, 06:06:57 PM »
I have a one minute in length ambient WAV sound I am trying to load into the Genos as a Multipad file. The Genos keeps telling me the Data format is unsupported. Does anyone know why this would be happening? I have used 2 different programs to ensure the file is definately a wav file. Could it be the length?
Kenneth Stenzel

Offline DerekA

Re: Wav file not loading
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 06:55:00 PM »
Internally, wav files can have different formats. Only one is compatible with Yamaha arrangers.i can't remember what it is, but it's stated it n the manual. So you need to convert your wav to the right internal format.
Genos

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 07:43:34 PM »
Good evening,

If I understood correctly you want to create an audio pad.

To do this, your sample must be in Wav 44100 hz format.

You record your sample in the USER SONG and then with the MULTIPAD CREATOR you can create your pad following the instructions in your manual.

Personally, to create samples, I use the free software "AUDACITY".

Friendships
Christian

Online overover

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2023, 08:59:46 PM »
I have a one minute in length ambient WAV sound I am trying to load into the Genos as a Multipad file. The Genos keeps telling me the Data format is unsupported. Does anyone know why this would be happening? I have used 2 different programs to ensure the file is definately a wav file. Could it be the length?

Hi Ken,

The WAV file must have the following format:

- File extension .wav or .aif (.aiff)
- Sampling rate 44.1 kHz (44100 Hz)
- Resolution 16-bit
- Stereo (!)

Other sampling rates (e.g. 48 kHz), other resolutions (e.g. 24-bit) and MONO files are not supported.

For the sake of completeness, MP3 files cannot be used for Audio Link Multi Pads.

Please first check the exact format of your WAV file using an appropriate computer program (audio editor/converter) and, if necessary, convert it into the supported format mentioned above. There are also online converters, i.e. corresponding websites, for this purpose.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 09:27:40 PM »
hello Chris,
Is this condition only for Multipads? -I ask because mono wav samples do work for custom voices.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Online overover

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2023, 10:02:04 PM »
hello Chris,
Is this condition only for Multipads? -I ask because mono wav samples do work for custom voices.

Bogdan

Hi Bogdan,

The WAV format mentioned here (44.1 kHz, 16-bit, Stereo) is needed for Audio Link Multii Pads and for playing WAV files in the Audio Player. For Custom Voices you can also use some other formats.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 10:04:17 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

The following users thanked this post: BogdanH

Offline Ken Stenzel

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2023, 12:20:52 PM »
I did find out that the reason it did not load was due to its length. When I shortened it I was able to load it. One more question..? Some multipads are looped. How do I accomplish this?
Kenneth Stenzel

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2023, 12:41:28 PM »
You can't loop Audio Multi pads but you can Midi ones. Select you midi multi pad and then go to multi Pad Recording and there choose what you want the pad to do. Press repeat to on if you wany it to repeat. Then re-save to user pads.

Offline Ken Stenzel

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2023, 01:58:52 PM »
Thank you. So I assume I need to convert a wav to midi to work?
Kenneth Stenzel

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2023, 03:08:45 PM »
hi Ken,
There's at least one reason why audio MultiPads can't be looped: because it's impossible to sync audio with tempo and at the same time preserve the pitch.
I think audio MultiPads are mainly usable for various effects (thunder, clap, etc.). For everything else midi MultiPad should be preferred.
Wav melody can't be converted to midi. If there's special sound that you wish to have in MultiPad, then you need to create a custom voice first and then use that voice for midi MultiPad.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline EileenL

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2023, 03:18:54 PM »
Midi is a source of information telling the keyboard what to do. Audio is recorded sounds so can not be converted. People use Audio for adding a vocal passage to the song usually.

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2023, 04:01:13 PM »
Hi Ken ,

I haven't found a program to convert WAV to MIDI that is worth anything yet. It's not an easy feat!

Rick D.

Offline Ken Stenzel

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2023, 01:50:03 PM »
I was just going to ask if anyone has a recommendation for a pc based midi conversion program???  I'm not having any luck finding one that is simple to use.
Kenneth Stenzel

Online overover

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2023, 02:28:05 PM »
I was just going to ask if anyone has a recommendation for a pc based midi conversion program???  I'm not having any luck finding one that is simple to use.

Hi Ken,

MIDI does not contain any Audio data. So a Audio-to-MIDI converter program would be useless in your case. (Such converters are used, for example, to turn audio drum tracks into MIDI drums or to turn melody lines from audio files into MIDI notes.)

By the way, Genos can play WAV files up to a length of 80 minutes.

P.S.
I suspect that when you "shortened" the file and resaved it, it was automatically converted to the correct format. Try opening the original file in the program you used before and saving it again without making any changes (preferably with a changed name so as not to overwrite the original file).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 05:32:46 PM by overover »

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2023, 05:13:55 PM »
Ken,

There are some WAV to MIDI converters out there that work fine for a one track MIDI, but anything more than that, they are rubbish.

Here is one of them. https://audio-convert.com/wav-converter/wav-to-midi

Rick D.