Author Topic: Clavinova CVP Forscore or SongBook+ Configuration  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Rick G

Clavinova CVP Forscore or SongBook+ Configuration
« on: October 02, 2023, 01:26:50 AM »
I own a CVP-809 (with USA Edition 9 installed).  I have been trying unsuccessfully to configure either Forscore or SongBook+ to work with my CVP809.  I have an iPad Pro and a 5-pin midi adapter (with the apple camera adapter). I  have communications (according midi monitor), so don't think it is a hardware issue.  Specifically, I need to be able to send and receive midi in order to both:
1. Open a specific score upon loading a specific Registration, and/or
2.  Do the reverse ... Load a specific registration upon loading a specific score.

I know that it is supposed to work with Genos and PSR-SX and SongBook+, but can't figure out how using my 809.

***** PLEASE don't respond with "It SHOULD Work" or "it works with different hardware".
REALLY only want to hear from folks who have ACTUALLY accomplished it with either app.

Please advise >>>
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 02:59:48 AM by Rick G »
Rick Glashan,
Montreal, QUE
Sun Lakes, AZ
CVP-809
Ipad PRO
Forscore

Offline dh110953

Re: Clavinova CVP Forscore or SongBook+ Configuration
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2023, 10:16:56 PM »
Hi Rick

I have both the CVP-809 and Songbook+ on iPad Pro and I have them linked together perfectly so when I open a registration on the CVP it open the score in Songbook+ (assuming I have created the link) and visa versa.

I am not using the configuration you mention, e.g. the Apple Camera Adapter. I purchased the Yamaha MD-BT01 which plugs into the two midi ports on the CVP. You then link it via the Songbook+ Bluetooth LE Midi option (press the ... next to the cog and the option is in Other  section about 2/3 of the way down the menu).

It works everytime and is reliable. The only downside is you have to select "Bluetooth LE Midi" every time you open Songbook+ it does not automatically connect. But, I can live with this.

Hope this helps.

David
Now have a CVP 809 as my wife plays Piano but not Keyboard - I had to PX a Genos to buy it, Also have an SX700 - I did previously own a Tyros.

Offline frozzers

Re: Clavinova CVP Forscore or SongBook+ Configuration
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 07:56:44 AM »
I own a CVP-809 (with USA Edition 9 installed).  I have been trying unsuccessfully to configure either Forscore or SongBook+ to work with my CVP809.  I have an iPad Pro and a 5-pin midi adapter (with the apple camera adapter). I  have communications (according midi monitor), so don't think it is a hardware issue.  Specifically, I need to be able to send and receive midi in order to both:
1. Open a specific score upon loading a specific Registration, and/or
2.  Do the reverse ... Load a specific registration upon loading a specific score.

I know that it is supposed to work with Genos and PSR-SX and SongBook+, but can't figure out how using my 809.

Please advise >>>

Have you seen these instructions from Baum Software? They're for the Genos but they work with the Clavinova as well.

https://www.baum-software.ch/downloads/OtherManuals/Manual_Yamaha_Genos_SongBook.pdf

I have a CVP-909 and I have Songbook+ working with my iPad Pro in the way you describe. I also have Forscore but, despite many attempts in the past with my Genos - including various emails with the app developers - I never managed to get Forscore to work that way.

For the record, my wi-fi set up is the Access Point mode (3.1).

Cheers

Chris