Author Topic: Need Help with the Sequencer. PSR 900 SX  (Read 881 times)

Offline jaymayer

Need Help with the Sequencer. PSR 900 SX
« on: October 01, 2023, 03:59:50 AM »
PSR 900 SX. Punching in and out.   I can do it, but are there any tips to a more efficient workflow?  I would be most appreciative.

I purchased it specifically with the intention of using it for sequencing.   
I have yet to find a suitable tutorial showing anyone using the Punch in and out.   I know how to do it, except it is clumsy, awkward and time-consuming.

For instance, after performing a punch, the machine reverts back to zero so I have to manually scroll back to the in-point to listen to the edit.
Please tell me there’s a better way to use the gear.   

Re: Need Help with the Sequencer. PSR 900 SX
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 06:44:52 AM »
Could you please elaborate on what you meant when you said punching in and out ?
Current: SX900
Past: PSR1100, PSR S700

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 12:14:08 PM »
I find Punch In/Out much easier to assign to a pedal. It is easy to get to where you used it to listen back. On the record page at the top of the screen just under where it says Save you will see 001.1 which is the first bar .Press this and now tap in the number of the bar you want to listen from. Very quick to do.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, Bissig, jaymayer

Offline jaymayer

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2023, 11:36:43 PM »
Yes using a pedal to punch in and out is a much better idea.   I'm still strugging with

On the record page at the top of the screen just under where it says Save you will see 001.1 which is the first bar .Press this and now tap in the number of the bar you want to listen from.

But after I execute a punch the recorder goes back to the first frame.    I want it to return to the frame I want to listen from.   Please tell me there's a work around for this.   Thanks so much.    Isn't there a button somewhere that tells the counter to return to the In point instead of return to 0.

Thank you.   

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 12:28:33 AM »
It will go back to start but you can always fast forward to just ahead of the bar you set. Then press play again.
Mike

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2023, 12:21:47 PM »
No magic button. Just scroll to the bar you want to listen from. It only takes a couple of seconds to do.