Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Clavinova CVP Digital Pianos

Recording query

(1/2) > >>

Ray:
I have the Clavinova , and seem to have a problem when recording in audio section, in as much, only on the first number one button in my preset settings, the backing rhythm is not coming through fully, but when moving through the remainder of the presets, all is good. The Clavinova using very similar engine to Tyros/ Genos, hopefully someone may be able to enlighten me on this issue. Thank you.

mikf:
Does this only happen when recording direct to audio or does also do this when recording in midi.
BTW it’s good practice to record to midi first then convert it on the CVP to audio.
Mike

Ray:
Thank you for your reply. In both midi and audio, the issue is the change in volume level, both left hand and right hand, (chord rhythm backing and melody line). This only occurs when the record button is used, AND ONLY on the first , button #1, of the registration bank. Both volumes drop back at last 50%, but then moving to the next registration, all comes through as set, then if I go back to registration 1, it too sounds as it should, and I can vary as much as I want to between registrations, and all plays as set.  All this I checked, before recording. The recording is good. The problem of reduced volume is only when the recording button is activated, midi or audio, on button #1. If I start on any other reg. button, all is normal, AND THEN if I then go to reg. button one, all comes through normal.  Basically I can’t start recording using reg.#1. Apart from that all operates fine. I hope I have explained this well, and look forward to any assistance. Many thanks to you, Ray,

Amwilburn:
It might help if we knew *which* model of clavinova, but regardless:
It's possible you have registration changes which affect volumes that you can't see (remember, the T4 and T5 had a overall keyboard volume, not just the R1,R2,R3, which could cause hidden volume changes from registration to registration. They actually re-added that functionality recently on the last Genos updates, probably due to a lot of registration confusion)

In other words, I'm asking if the registration was one you created on the CVP (and if so, you might still need to check the song Volume on each registration) and if not, that's likely the culprit.

Mark

mikf:
What is the CVP model?
Is this happenning only on one specific registration bank, or on all registration banks and only when you try to record.
Just for additional information, try doing this.
Set up a completely new bank of registrations, putting exactly the same new settings in both the first and second  registration memory. Does the same thing happen?  If it doesn’t, then I suspect the problem is in your original registrations. You can then try to find the issue.
 But If it does then work properly, there could be a glitch in your record system, which may need Yamaha technician investigation to find.
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version