Author Topic: file folders  (Read 2612 times)

Offline freeplay

file folders
« on: September 30, 2023, 09:33:20 AM »
HI . I have a lot of songs in the HDI of my tyros 5 .I have made a folder but now cant seem to work out how to put the songs into it. eg folder A for all songs starting with A etc.Am no good trying to connect my tyros to pc.Is there an easy way of doing it. Thank you in advance
Maragret

Online Divemaster

Re: file folders
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 03:40:21 PM »
Your best and safest bet, in my opinion, others may differ.
Remove the Hard Drive from your T5. It's really easy to do and a ten minute job.
Then using your pc, you can simply transfer whatever you want with normal Windows file transfer.
The advantage to this is.
1. So much easier to see what you are doing.
2. Less risk of corrupted or even non working files.
Eliminates entirely the risk of electrical shorts or similar.
Having 'fried' my first Tyros, past economical repair, I would never, ever, ever connect a Tyros directly to a pc again.

It's your keyboard, and it's your choice.
But once you've done it and got a safe backup on your pc, you'll know exactly where you are.

You'll need a cable or dock to read the drive from the pc. So check what sort of hard drive is in the Tyros and order one before you start.
They are only bog standard laptop 2.5"size drives, but the connection will either be for IDE or SATA.

NEVER EVER connect a drive to a pc or keyboard whilst the power is on.
Keith.

Keith.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 03:48:20 PM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

The following users thanked this post: freeplay

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 04:55:25 PM »
Connect your T5 to your computer using a standard printer cable. The end that looks like a house plugs into your keyboard, the other end into the usb plug on your computer.

Hold down the MusicFinder button, the power on. The screen will show USB storage mode.

Now your T5 hard drive looks like an external drive to your PC. Use File Explorer to organize your files and folders as you like.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

madirv

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2023, 06:33:33 PM »
If I understand FREEPLAY correctly I think she is just trying to simply put her songs into folders marked A  etc and then enter  songs beginning with A into that folder.
If that is the case all you need do, Margaret, is simply create a folder marked A and then copy and paste the "A" songs into it.  Then when they are safely ito the A folder delete them from wherever you have them currently.
This is how I deal with folders and registrations, but I am not into heavy technical stuff on a keyboard ---- I just play it and only do things very simply.
Apologies Margaret if I have misunderstood your question.
Kind regards
Irene
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 06:39:31 PM by madirv »

Offline freeplay

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2023, 06:44:19 AM »
Thank you all for your replys. Irene you are on the right track. I have just done it and it worked beautifully
thank you
Margaret

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2023, 01:54:42 PM »
Yes this is the simplest way to go if you are not into computers. Most things can be done on your keyboards anyway.
 I think it can be very confusing when people try to blind you with science writing long lists which do not help at all.

madirv

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2023, 07:16:20 PM »
Eileen--yes totally agree.  I actually consider myself reasonably au fait with computers and really like IT but a computer and a keyboard are 2 totally different objects to me and never the twain shall meet !!!!  Apart from a programme that Bogdan very kindly sent me I never go near a computer with regard to my keyboard.  If I cant do it on the keyboard I dont bother.  But then again i am not an expert musician/keyboardist.  I just bash out tunes at home and irritate my husband. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kind regards
Irene

Margaret---glad it helped

Offline freeplay

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2023, 11:13:56 AM »
Hi I rene. I like they way you said bash out tunes home. Thats me too. I find my headphones work well haha.I play a lot of EZPLAY. Get a lot of enjoyement from them.Have a great week
Cheers Margaret

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2023, 01:03:02 PM »
Thats the way to go Margaret. Enjoy what you do.