Author Topic: Just wondering...  (Read 971 times)

Offline kiplis

Just wondering...
« on: September 29, 2023, 05:04:21 PM »
I asked my dealer to validate my Genos + GNS speakers.
Here is the reply:
"At the moment, we are not able to take Genos or something
similar (Yamaha) in exchange, because there have been too
many of them recently"

What do you think about this? "Top of the line keyboard"?

Rats are leaving the ship, etc...??

Offline kiplis

Re: Just wondering...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 05:27:53 PM »
Yet another answer from a Yamaha dealer:
"We are sorry, but we do not accept Genos in exchange to another instrument.
The best thing to do, is to try to sell the keyboard privately, and to buy a new keyboard from us"

Does this correspond to the attitude from Yamaha towards their loyal customers, I think it does...

Offline pjd

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 06:07:58 PM »
Hi --

I can sympathize having received this kind of response from a dealer -- many times.

However, I wouldn't blame Yamaha. Yamaha doesn't have anything to do with retail transactions (dealer and customer).

Yeah, it stinks. I had a dealer refuse to take an unused Roland amplifier in trade complaining "It sounds like a blown speaker." They didn't have any trouble selling me the same amplifier when it was new on their shelves. I was quite peeved.

Sometimes, a dealer might have a glut of keyboards (or whatever) and refuse to take even one more.

It's a lousy game -- welcome to "Ray's Music Exchange"  ;)

All the best -- pj

The following users thanked this post: Richard001

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 07:30:53 PM »
Good evening,

It is very interesting to read your email because, while indications of the release of a new Genos were announced before the end of the year, how many posts I was able to read saying for some it was pure invention, others that it was possible but nothing certain and others that it could be released without certainty in 2024.

All these positions that I would describe as cautious have encouraged current owners of Genos to keep theirs and now that the release is imminent (normally November 16) everyone is rushing to try to sell theirs either on resale sites or with suppliers.

In France, honest sales proposals on the sites are currently around €2,800.

Personally, I think I sold mine well when it was necessary to do so even if I went a long time without being able to play.

So you have to say now that for a supplier to agree to take yours back and be able to resell it in turn, he must take it back from you at 2400 if he wants to make a small profit, especially since he must also sell his stock of new Genos 1s.

Personally, I hope to receive the new one in 1 month 1/2 -2 months.

Good evening
Christian
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 07:36:16 PM by colas musique »