Author Topic: change and save sounds  (Read 525 times)

Offline georges

change and save sounds
« on: September 28, 2023, 07:20:49 PM »
Good morning
I would like to know if anyone can help me with my question.
I try to modify the sounds, the main variation of a style. I clearly specify the sounds, and not the voices of the style. So I loaded a style, and I chose other sounds. I can't save my new settings with these new sounds. Every time I save, the original sounds come back. So how to do it.
I managed to do it but with memory registers. But this method doesn't interest me, it's too long.
I give an example: I chose a bossa Nova rhythm which includes the following sounds Piano, violin, flute, and sax. I replace its sounds with harpsichord, organ, guitar, and pad.
When I save, my new voices are not memorized and the original sounds systematically return.
Thanks if anyone can give me some advice.
I thank you in advance. George of Perpignan

Offline BogdanH

Re: change and save sounds
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 07:37:15 PM »
hello George and welcome to the forum

First about terminology...
..I clearly specify the sounds, and not the voices of the style...
What you're actually doing is changing voices. Keyboard doesn't contain sounds.. sound is the result of the voice as we perceive it (i.e. "this voice has a good sound").

When you change voices in style, you need to save style after you made changes:
MENU button->MENU2->Style Creator
-on the top of the screen is "save" icon.
Your modified style will be saved into "User" section and that's where from you load modified style next time.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline georges

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2023, 09:04:57 PM »
Thanks BogDanh. indeed it worked. Thank you, because I searched a lot. My error in the terminology of words comes from my English which is sometimes not very good.
I lived in South Africa for 5 years, but now that I live in France I don't practice much.
This site is absolutely great, we find and have answers to all the questions asked.
I thank you very cordially George

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2023, 09:30:30 PM »
hi George,
I'm glad I could help you.
About terminology.. It was not my intention to be smart **s. But the thing is, in case of keyboards, terminology can be quite important for understanding the actual problem -and only in this case you can (hopefully) get correct answer  :)

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube