Author Topic: SX700 Playlist question  (Read 848 times)

Offline aw80

SX700 Playlist question
« on: September 28, 2023, 06:22:30 AM »
Hi I am a newbie here. I apologise in advance if my questions have been answered previously.

I have just loaded a playlist into my sx700.

My questions are:
1. How do i rename the playlist? I can see each individual item under the playlist item can be renamed, but cannot figure out how to rename the playlist?
2. Is it possible to create a new playlist and move a few items from the playlist i created to this new playlist? If so, how is this done?

This is not a playlist related question. I believe the idea behind the 8 registration memory buttons is to quickly load the settings you have pre saved for a song. My question is, since there are only 8 registration memories, is this limited for only 8 songs?

Thank you!

Re: SX700 Playlist question
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 06:46:36 AM »
You can move the file to a computer, it’s a tsv.
Once you click on an item inside the playlist, there is an option to edit. Clicking on it allows you to edit the row.
Current: SX900
Past: PSR1100, PSR S700

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 07:55:49 AM »
Regarding your last question, the set of 8 registration buttons is called a bank. You can have as many banks as you like. Most of us have one bank per song.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

madirv

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 09:20:35 PM »
Hi there,
I think you have created a new playlist and want to simply rename it?
If this is correct I had the same problem  couldn't change the name.  Here's how i did it---I have an SX900 but I believe it works the same.
Click Playlist
Click New  --   message comes up "new playlist will be created. Continue?"
Click continue
The box at the top now reads New Playlist.
Press Add Record and then add whatever you want onto this list.
press Save and then save here
Press  New Playlist---then File-----then  Rename.

After a lot of messing about I found you can only change the name of a new playlist AFTER you have made an entry

Hope that helps and I haven't misunderstood your question.
Kind regards
Irene

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2023, 10:47:03 PM »
... How do i rename the playlist? I can see each individual item under the playlist item can be renamed, but cannot figure out how to rename the playlist? ...

Hi aw80,

Renaming a playlist file basically works in the same way as renaming any other file (e.g. Styles, Registration Bank files, etc.), i.e. in the relevant File Selection display.

- Touch the box with the name of the currently loaded playlist to open the Playlist File Selection display.

- Touch the "File" icon to open the "File Edit" popup. Here touch the "Rename" icon.

- Now make sure the desired Playlist file is selected and touch "Rename" again.

- Now change the file name or enter a new name and touch "OK" to complete the renaming.

See also the attached picture. These are screenshots from the Genos, but in principle it should work the same on the SX900/700.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)