Author Topic: Error system! Data could not be saved  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Osbermusic

Error system! Data could not be saved
« on: September 27, 2023, 11:52:30 PM »
Hello, good day to all the users of this forum, can someone please help me with the Yamaha PSR SX900. I was installing a Yamaha expansion package then the power went out and I tried to install the package again and I got a system error. The data has not been saved, I tried to restart and install the operating system, I still get the same error

Offline EileenL

Re: Error system! Data could not be saved
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 12:52:23 PM »
Were you installing content from YEM via WiFi.
  I always make and save my install packs to USB stick and then put into keyboard to install. Less problems this way.

Offline Osbermusic

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2023, 02:01:03 PM »
I was referring to the fact that the power supply of the pa 300c transformer was disconnected in which I was loading the espancion package through the usb pendrive then it restarted and now it no longer installs any package. I tried to install the operating system of the sx900 keyboard, delete everything from restarting the keyboard still gives the same problem system error! data not saved

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2023, 02:14:57 PM »
Hi Osbermusic,

Which YEM version are you using and which firmware version is installed on your SX900?

Please make sure you are using YEM V2.9.0 and that firmware V1.11 is installed on the SX900. To test I would then proceed as follows:

- Export the Instrument Info file (.n27) again from the SX900 to a USB stick.

- Delete the previous SX900 Install Target in the YEM and create a new Install Target by importing the new .n27 file.

- Click on the SX900 Install Target in YEM and select only ONE (relatively small) pack.

- Delete (on the computer) all previous Pack Install files from the USB stick used (file types .cpi, .ppi, .cqi, .pqi).

- Save a new Pack Install file of the selected pack on the USB stick in YEM. Before saving the Pack Install file, make sure you select the .cpi (or .ppi) file type (not .cqi/.pqi!).

- Try a Pack Installation of this file on the SX900.

Good luck!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 02:17:42 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, Keyboard Master

Offline Osbermusic

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2023, 03:10:21 PM »
Yes friend, I did all that, uninstalled everything you mentioned, then installed OS version 1.11 and the Yamaha 2.9.0 manager, loaded a pack in ppf then loaded the n27 from the keyboard to the manager, exported in ppi, I still get that problem... ..system error! Data could not be saved  :'( :'(

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2023, 03:39:55 PM »
Yes friend, I did all that, uninstalled everything you mentioned, then installed OS version 1.11 and the Yamaha 2.9.0 manager, loaded a pack in ppf then loaded the n27 from the keyboard to the manager, exported in ppi, I still get that problem... ..system error! Data could not be saved  :'( :'(

Hi Osbermusic,

Then the next step I would do is a Full System Reset using the internal Test Program. If you would like to do this, please feel free to contact me via PM (Personal Message) and I will provide you with the information you need to start and use the Test program.

Attention: This reset also completely deletes the internal flash memory (including the User drive). Therefore, please be sure to back up important files in the User drive to a USB stick beforehand.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 03:41:05 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master, Osbermusic

Offline Tomáš Koky

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2023, 12:40:06 PM »
hello friends i have exactly the same problem :( . i have already done a full reset using the test program and it didn't help me. can someone please help me? thanks

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2023, 02:10:11 PM »
If the above information dose not work then you need to contact Yamaha to get the correct information on what to do.

Offline Lacko

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2023, 05:19:49 PM »
hello friends i have exactly the same problem :( . i have already done a full reset using the test program and it didn't help me. can someone please help me? thanks
Hi Tomáš,
can you restore built-in expansion packs? Is this error connected with installaing from USB only?

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2023, 08:39:57 AM »
. Did you try everything Chris has mentioned. If so what were the results.